Goode skis eating up handles

• Baller
Anybody else chewing through handles with their skis ? Ive gone through about 4 master line handles the last couple of years , was able to ship them back to ML to have them redone fortunately. As i was speaking to the guys on the phone the mentioned that Goode are the top of the list... Anyway to mitigate the issue ? Already have gotten the handles with the hard rubber overlays.

• Baller_
I went though the same thing and I believe ML gave me the same answer.. or asked if I was on a Goode..cant remember which. But, the handle I was having them build came with the suggestion of adding the rubber/plastic/whatever they use.. guard down the bridal section in addition to the Y. Cost a tad more but the handle grip wore out looooong before the rope ever did. So now, that's the way they build them for me.

• Baller
Just get some rubberized, self fusing tape and wrap your handle at the Y. The tape comes in many different brands, and is really tough. Completely protects the rope. Tried to post a link to the tape, but trying to shorten the link didn't seem to work, so just google "self fusing tape".

• Baller

The top edge matters. Softening the top edge will make a noticeable performance difference.

Certainly avoid changing the ski's handling characteristics so your handle will last a bit longer. That's what duct tape is for.

Eric

• Baller
Agree, Goode's eat handles if you lean into them on the deep water start and plastic guards on the handle and the beefy ML handles help. Even so, I have been going through them faster than the handle/rope wears otherwise but not dramatically so. I am now trying to change the way I get up as @jjackkrash said. Too soon to tell how effective that will be for me. Seems easy enough so far.