Fuel control cell 2004 SN 196

jetpilotg4

• Baller

Boat quit just after starting skiing today , now when i go to power up the boat i dont hear the FCC running ( if thats what it was) how long do the FCCs usually last ? 1060 hours on it .... I changed the filter 200 hours ago ... Also cleaned some contamination out of anti siphon valve for last fuel related problem

Thanks

• Baller
I think it is usually the low pressure pump you hear spool up when you power up. I would first drop the can on the FCC and see if it is full of fuel. My guess is that the low pressure pump has either failed or tripped a breaker and is not running. If it is full put a pressure gauge on the fuel rail and turn the ignition on to determine if you have around 105 PSI. If the can is full and you have no pressure it is the high pressure pump inside the FCC. I believe that they changed the design and you may need to change the entire FCC if the high pressure pump inside is bad.

• Baller

If you turn the key on and don't hear the fuel pumps priming, check the relays in back. Pretty cheap and notorious for failing. There is a PCM manual online that tells you how to jumper the fuel pumps by taking a ground wire and placing it in the wire harness. That will help determine if the pumps are bad, or the relay.

Make sure the kill switch isn't pulled, I know there is a new politically correct name for it, but I can't remember... That kills the pumps too!

Relay Jumper Test

• Baller

I could be wrong....but I believe it's the high pressure pump that spools when you turn the key to run (or push start button once) which primes the fuel rail. Been a while since we changed ours but had the same symptoms and the high pressure pump was the culprit.

If you haven't already, check the FCC hose while you're in there since it's a $1.00 part that's known to fail.

• Baller_
Check your Emergency cut off switch first. next relay's. Then hot wire the green wire on your pump relay and make sure it is the relay and not the pump driver in the ECM. then move on to low pressure pump. Also check the anti syphon valve for grawdew...