Finally back to the water

RazorRoss3

• Baller
After a 6 month recovery from shoulder surgery at the end of January o finally got back on the water last night and again this morning. Just stuck to open water to be safe but hoping for some buoy hunting this week still. Felt really good to ski again.

• Baller

@Than_Bogan...don't brag about your lifting prowess... i probably could at least least tie you for a runoff...well, if i can't be close in slalom, let it be lifting (lol)...hope to see you this summer.

@RazorRoss3 sorry about your injury. Curious as to why you lift such heavy weights...not for skiing i presume. What sports/activities is it for?

• Baller
@rfa, mostly... Just for the hell of it. I used to compete 6 or 7 years ago but haven't since. It's one of those "I can so I will" things. In this case my off season goal was to break 1300lbs across bench, squat, and deadlift. The 475 bench would have been the finishing touch since I already had a 405lb squat and 425lb deadlift. And I've always been stronger on bench than the others, I've hit 505 in the past.

• Baller

@rfa because he has always secretly idolized and wanted to be just like me :wink:

Turns out he can outlift Unca-Dave's best now, too. Getting closer to smoking my M1 and M2 slalom scores and has many years left to figure that out.

Heal up, Mitch, looking forward to seeing you back rounding buoys. I think I'll go do a light chest day now and just do some reps at 405 (geez!)

• Baller
@RazorRoss3 @Razorskier1 @6balls. Thank you for your feedback. I wasn't kidding when i said i "might" be able to lift 47.5 lbs...surely not much beyond that. So, no perspective on the types of weights you guys are able to do. My oldest son (recent college grad) has been doing some weights for a couple of years and I cringe when he tells me he's lifting 300+ lbs. My best wishes for a quick recovery...keep your Dad and uncle on their toes...

• Baller

Chad Hunter was announcing last year at skiwatch (he's a one-liner machine...funny as hell) and he said something like I see the Ross boys are here...after the tournament there's going to be a truck pressing contest if any of y'all would like to participate. The other stuff he said while announcing...and not announcing...well I can't repeat a lot of it on a PC forum like this one. Funny as hell, though!

• Baller
WOW, you bench 70 lbs MORE than you squat, just WOW! I squatted 405 once, felt like the earth was on my shoulders. I can't even comprehend 475! I was happy to have my gf tell me after recent lessons with Trent that he made a comment something to the effect of "Man, he's got big quads". He was nice enough to leave out "but he can't ski worth a damn!"

• Baller
@gt2003, part of that is that I've been benching heavy for 7 years and only squatting for 2 so I've had a lot more time to dial in my control and like I said, I used to compete bench so I know all the tricks to milk that extra 10%.

• Baller
Good luck with recovery. I did a full tear of my right pec tendon over a decade ago while skiing. The first season back it was a little tough to trust it, but I'm sure you'll be right back to normal soon. My bench press is just as lousy as it was before the injury now.