Is it time for a more forgiving ski?

Tdub

OK, it could be that time in my ski life. I of course love this sport and everything about it. But...I am 66 and not really progressing. I ski on a 66 inch Helix. I never ski 34 and never will. Deep waters are getting a tad more difficult. You get the idea. Towards the end of Summer I may get a couple at 32 off. I still struggle at 28 and even 22. My off-side turns are horrible and always have been. I just want to enjoy the sport and if I can be consistent at 22 and maybe 28 I will be very happy. That being said, is my Helix a little much more me? I have always respected D3 as a company and their products but I would not be resistant to change if another company has a ski better suited to my situation. So after this long post...what would be a better ski for me if I would be willing to give up my Helix. And should I?

Thanks for any and all ideas.

Cheers.

• Baller
That ski is marginal at 178 and 32 mph. Since you're on a D3, the Quest series is more forgiving,yet not as quick as a Helix. You would be better suited to a 67". I'm a 32 mph skier. I'm "coming off" a 66" RCX. I manage on it well, but my starting line is 28 and run a 35 once in a while, but I only weigh 160. If you can get a chance to try a 67" Quest I bet you'll like it.

• Baller
@Tdub , I found the CX Superlight to really shine for me at 32mph. Unfortunately I still need to go 34 and that is not working as well for me consistently. I will say that at 32 I feel like a totally different skier than ever before, wider-earlier than I've ever been. Makes me wish 32 was my max speed. I'm your height/weight on a 67". Unfortunately I may have to try something else that might work better for me at 34.