How to replace a binding lace clip?

JayG80

• Baller

Just changed big one (on the right at your photo).

In order to do it comfortably you shell remove central part of the lock, insert laces in, direct them to opposite sides then put central part between laces till it "clicks" back.

Removing center needs some force to be applied, but the lock should not break because is designed for this.

I presume smaller lock should be disassembled also.

• Baller

The HO clip has a piece that can be pried out from the top. When you pry it up, the little insert is kind of springy. Pulling the internal piece up allows clearance to thread the non stretch lace through the clip. The HO plastic hardware would not grip my off-brand lace. Maybe the bulk lace is slightly undersized.

Fortunately I saved the lace hardware from some old Radar boots. The Radar stuff as shown in the video worked well. See the video.

I would have purchased the Radar lace kit to start with if I had known it was available. Wakehouse sells kit with 2 stretch and 2 non-stretch laces and components for $15.

Wakehouse offers the HO upper stretch lace kit online for $10 for single upper bungee kit. I haven't seen their non-stretch kit online.