Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Anyone willing to provide a pull?

ghutch

• Baller

Going to be in Englewood FL next week and looking for a pull within a couple hours drive. Not looking for coaching just want to ski some sets. Will supply gas and comedy relief. Can ski on the 24th and 26th most anytime. Going to Melbourne FL the 27th and looking for anyone willing to pull some sets there on that date. Any help is greatly appreciated, will reciprocate if you're ever in the middle TN area.

Thanks Ballers!

• Baller
Don’t know where englewood is. But you are kind of in no mans land in Melbourne. Palm Bay is the closest ski site. Not so sure if any of the lake owners are on this site. Other then that you are about an hour from Orlando which there are a bunch of lakes.

• Baller

Hey Ghutch,

I am in Melbourne, Florida and I can vouch that it is no man's land for skiing. It takes me about 55 minutes to get to The Boarding School regardless of traffic. The time it takes to get to ski places in more central Orlando depends on Traffic. Sometimes it is just an Hour sometimes it takes a lot longer.

This last week I have been making 26 fake crab/ pinfish traps and I am working on a method to rapidly install 22 of them in a pattern about 259m long with some more trap markers 55m further out. My goal was to have them installed by the 29th because I have some friends and family in town that weekend that could drive the boat for us. I will be out of town on Monday the 24th and Tuesday the 25 for work, but I hope I can have the crab traps(course) installed by the 27th.

For anybody that knows the water around Melbourne, the crab traps are going to appear in the Indian River next to Merritt Island Just north of Dragon point. I don't know if I will be able to leave 26 bouys out there or only have a few to mark the course and attach others easily.

@Ghutch I will send you a pm with my contact info soon. But keep in mind even if I get the course in, I am just a wally skier trying to learn the course with a sterndrive boat, not a direct drive.

-Cheers,

Ryan "Rip" Lash

• Baller
@riplash Good for you!!!! Grassroots skiing. I'm sure I got a few funny looks running through the course on Pocket lake (orlando) in my sterndrive before we bit the bullet and got our prostar. Good luck with the crab traps....funny the issues we have putting out a course, but those damn crab trap buoys are everywhere. Maybe you'll snag some crabs too.

• Baller

@9400.

They will be Saltwater crab traps. Dragon Point is about 25 miles north of Sebastian inlet and about 20 miles south of Port Canaveral. So it is Saltwater, but it is not as salty as parts of the Indian River closer to the inlets. We put our boat in about a mile up the Eau Gallie River, and that has Freshwater, and saltwater fish in it as well as the occasional Alligator too.

• Baller

hey guys, yes i am willing to drive an hour or so to ski. I can ski Monday or Wednesday out of Englewood but will be heading to Melbourne sometime Wed. and willing to drive on Friday somewhere just to get some sets in as well. @mjump what is your address and info where I can contact you?

Thx again guys