Overall at Worlds is shaking up

Horton

• Administrators

Interesting....

Giannina Mechler was a favorite for women's overall but she had a BAD slalom score. 

Joel Poland was a favorite for men's overall but he had a BAD trick score

It is FAR from over but my money is now on Regina and Louis. They have a easier path to gold but we will see. 

• Like 1

• Baller
2 hours ago, Horton said:

Interesting....

Giannina Mechler was a favorite for women's overall but she had a BAD slalom score. 

Joel Poland was a favorite for men's overall but he had a BAD trick score

It is FAR from over but my money is now on Regina and Louis. They have a easier path to gold but we will see. 

Unfortunately, Regina didn’t trick well.

Joel may have just put himself back in to contention for overall, with his insane slalom performance!

• Administrators

Looks like Joel has to win jump by 10-15 feet. Louis would be a worthy champ. If Joel wins it will be historic. 

Hanna looks to have has an easier path and is the favorite in jump. It is hers to lose.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Holy Crap! Louis leave the door open. If Polish can claw back an Overall Title it will be the biggest comeback since Rocky III

• Like 1

• Administrators

@Cooper_Trelawney

no that's the story. Joel is not in the trick final. So if 70.6 m ( 231.5 ft ) is the mark Joel either gets it in jump tomorrow or Louis wins.

• Administrators

This screen shot is before the Women's trick final. I thought Mechler was going to be much farther behind. It is WAY closer than I thought it would be.

image.png

• Baller

I really would like to Joel Poland, win the overall, but I  do not think,

he has jumped 70m + .

Correction in another thread somebody states that he has jumped 230ft which equates to 70.7 metres

1m is such a small distance, but huge when it comes to Jumping

He is going to have to give it everything and more.

I am sure a large percentage of Water Skiers will be willing him on, I will be glued to the Screen in anticipation, Joel truly is a extraordinary talent, he is Special, no doubt about it.

What direction is the wind, if any tomorrow at Sunset Lakes

• Like 1

• Administrators

@nautique1228

Joel will jump in the finals tomorrow. if he jumps more than 70.6 he wins. if he doesn't jump 70.6 he gets silver