S1 Review

Horton

• Administrators

I have 2 sets on the S1 so far. Lets just say that we are in th Honeymoon stage.

S1-BW-Fan.jpg

S1-BW-4-Ball.jpg

S1-BW-1-Ball.jpg

• Administrators

Dawg,

Yea I agree. I am learning a lot about that honeymoon factor this year. When get some rest and some more sets on it we will see what she really does.

• Baller

I love black and white photography, it really brings out the vehicles lines and accents. The body appears to be in good shape too. Is it a '79 or '80? I can't tell if it's a tan on white or brown on white.

• Baller

John,

Your form (shape) does look a little like The Chairman's in recent years now that you mention it!

Do you think drag from that BOS sticker on the bottom of the ski is problematic?  Before you say it's not gonna matter... why not? If 1/1000 of tip makes a difference in the fin, why would that 1/1000 flat edge across the tip on your toe side not? (No, I don't think I could really feel it... or could I. Head case)

BTW, those pics are cool. I really like the black and white stuff. The one I see here occasionally of the "S" wake of the ski is my all time favorite.

sj

• Administrators

Scot,

You are joking... right? For anyone reading this who does know better.... a sticker on the tip of your ski will not change anything...except how cool you are.

• Baller

John, are You still on the S1 ? Curious of Your thougths regarding its performance and, especially wich setups has worked the best.

Demoed one myself, finally decided to quit skiing 36 (just turned 42) so I figured I should try a 34 mph ski.

For me it worked just as advertised allthough I managed to catch a bad cold the week I was actually having access to the ski.

Only ran some 28 and 32s and a 35 that I thought I was never going to run being dizzy from the cold.

Very nice ski,especially keeping the momentum in the preturn and turn without stalling,something that I always find my skis

to do at 34 when they are setup for 36.

• Administrators

Dan,

I only spent about 6 sets on the S. I really liked it but have riddent too many skis this year. What I loved was how it carves from the apex to the hookup and seems to delay the hookup. I am back on the Eilte until I have more time.

• Administrators

The great thing about being me is that I have a stack of high end skis.

The bad thing about being me is that having a huge stack of skis means I never get to ride any of them enough and jumping around of skis kills my scores.

I really think I could put down some scores on the S1 but it is for sale. I will be putting it on Ski-It-Again and eBay this week. Anyone wants a first crack at it? It is a 67.