Radar Theory 69

Rup

• Baller

Hi does anyone have any settings for this. Not skied on it for a while and wanted to try the ski again. I was going to use HO bindings either an Animal or an Approach with a Wiley RTP.

Currently on a Triumph 71

These were given to me from Radar Spring of 2009. I would HIGHLY suggest giving Matt Rini a call or E/M. As he is Totally in the Know, because he is one of the developers of the Radar ski's and is always ready and willing to Help... mrini@cfl.rr.com
69" Theory settings  
Front binding 30.25" from tail
2.485 Depth

.890 DFT
6.890 Length

wing @8    (7deg.'s is the neut. plane angle of tail...)

• Baller

I changed mine.  67" Theory, put an MPD adjustable on it so I could run it deeper/longer so it wouldn't turn so abruptly at shorter line.  Honestly I haven't skied on it enough to know how much difference it's made but I have been running well into 35 off 30 mph in the INT tournaments I ski at.  Haven't practiced on it much, in fact at the tournaments are the only times I've been on it this year.  Putting what little precious practice time I get into my Strada.

Ed

h2odawg,

How has the 67" been working?  I am 6'3", 185 lbs, 28 mph starting in the course and trying to decide on the 67 or 69 Theory.  I hope to get back up to 34 mph in the course and pass on the ski to my girls, unless of course they ask for the newest and prettiest ski! You know what will happen then....SIA!

Anyone's thoughts would be appreciated!

• Baller

The current settings on the ski now (which I used all summer) -

L - 6.825 tips
D - 2.573 (same as the stock fixed fin FWIW)
DFT - 0.775 or so, as near as I can determine (DFT is tough to get an accurate reading on this ski because the back is round and it's beveled from bottom of the ski to the top).  With the stock fixed fin it was something like 0.825 so I've got it a bit back from stock I think.
No wing.  I like it better at 30 mph without one.
Front binding - Currently don't have bindings on it (put them back on my MPD to play with it a bit).  However I use D3 Leverage bindings and have the front all the way back, rear binder up to the back of the front binder as close as it goes.

I still have to be really patient to make sure to finish the turns, especially at shorter lines.  Otherwise I get slam dunk turns with slack line.  I think I'd like to run the fin longer or maybe deeper to try to make the turns more naturally round but I just haven't taken the time to play with it enough to really dial that in.  I generally go out at 32 off 30 mph on it, run into deep 35 and very occasionally a couple at 38.  Fairly normal INT Wide Ride set.

Hope this is helpful.

Ed

Thanx Ed.

I have not had it in the course yet. But, free skiing -32/30 mph I adjusted to:

Front Binding 29.75"

L- 6.825"

D- 2.480"

Dft. 0.751"  ( I actually even moved it back to 0.700" and it seemed even better!) But, it is not there yet on open water. So, I dare say it's probably not even close for short line in the course... We'll see next season! 

• Baller

Seems pretty shallow but if it works then it's alright.  Maybe try adding a bit at a time to see what difference it makes, wide rides are a little different animal as far as fin setup goes IMO.  The stock fixed fin that comes standard on the ski I'm told was designed and set to what Radar came up with for the "factory" settings they wanted for the ski.  And IMO it skis pretty damn well with the standard fin.  But it's nice to be able to hopefully dial it in for yourself so the adjustable fin was a good investment IMO.  Should be offered as an option Eddie...  I started there and am slowly figuring it out.  Just don't ride it enough.

Ed

Thanx Ed.

I actually took it with me today and tried it out @ -32 in the course. I think you may be right about more depth. It seemed rather squirrely. I will make note of my experience today and your depth suggestion. As I'm sure I will not ski it again 'til next yr...  

The 67" Theory came in the mail today and I want to double check the stock settings.  Based on PSC, the stock binding position is 29.25.  The stock (non-adjustable fin) is in the middle position for DFT.  The ski was purchased used, so I am wondering if the wing is upside down or not.  The blade (portion parallel to the bottom of ski if viewed from the back) is up (closest to the ski) which I think I understand means it is upside down.?. 

How should the wing be oriented and does anyone know what the stock degree is? 

It seems that most people think it should be taken off at this point.  I am skiing 28 mph @-15.  Any thoughts? 

Thanks again for all of the help and advice!

• Baller

Middle position for the fin is correct.  If you run a wing I believe that upside down (blades of the wing farthest from the bottom of the ski) is how mine came but I discovered pretty quickly that at those low speeds it was more a hinderance than a help.  My opinion.  Try with and without and see what feels best to you.  Can't help with stock wing angle, sorry, but my guess is 8 or 9 degrees.

Ed