A skier's 12 Steps

Horton

• Administrators

1. We admitted we were powerless over slalom

2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ZeroOff could restore us to sanity.

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to Slalom

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of our gear.

5. Admitted to our families, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our skiing.

6. Were entirely ready to have a coach remove all these defects of technique.

7. Humbly asked a coach to remove our shortcomings.

8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all. (bad coaching or driving)

9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when they are on our division.

10. Continued to take gear inventory and get new stuff if needed.

11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with our ski

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to all skiers.

• Baller
I like the steps especially step number 11. I start about mid march when I take a shower to crank it all the way over to cold and stick my face in it and hold my breath so I am used to the 40 degree water when we start skiing in the spring. I think off season visualization is an important step in becoming a better skier. Some people say I am crazy though.

• Baller
Skiing sure is an addiction,but until it starts to effect my family or job,I'll keep hitting it hard.Actually I'm on the disabled list through next summer,so you guys might have to give me a few 12th step calls.I have to listen to the Doctor and remember I just can't ski,no matter what.

Slalom is an addiction. We all know this, especially "Lake People". BUT, what about jumpers? we have feelings too! Horton, I remember, you once were a jumper. I can't wait to get to the lake tomorrow and slalom. Ski Test 2010 is under way in Tennessee. So far: 66" A-1, 67" Coeficient-X, My daughter's 67" CDX, 66.5 Goode 9800, Paul Turner's 66" S-1, 66" Radar Strada, Need a Mid Ride and a few D-3's. report to come when the lake freezes over. No rubber yet! You can go to www.skitenn.com and find our video from last Sunday. Way fun! Ham Wallace

AB, Watered down, (blended scotch), full strength (single malt) or hand drive (moonshine). It just does not matter. It is a great day when we can go ski. My name is Ham Wallace and I am a swervaholic.

I don't believe that you did not start drinking until you started running the course. You can't BS an old BS'r. I am a dedicated lake person. Still don't know if I'm a slalom skier that wants to be a jumper or a jumper that wants to be a slalom skier. Any input? I hate winter. Jody, I am not a closet tricker. Waste of perfectly good boat gas.

• Baller_

Ham! It's ok to admit to being a closet tricker, it is the first step to enlightment!

Winter is a state of mind and for waterskiers it is a time of healing and recovery along with Football and college wrestling. The finest day of winter is Dec 21 the shortest day of the year, every day after gets better. Make the best of it, winter will soon be over! Sorry gotta go, Hooked on to the boat and headed to the lake for a couple ski rides, still no wet suit in the boat. Do we even have winter in Florida?

Cheers!!!