a little Karina Nowland eye candy 28,32,35 & 38

Horton

I keep seeing videos and hearing people talk about dropping their hipps to pull out for the gates. She really does this and I just can't seem to get my mind wrapped around why. Why, make this any different then your pull in the course? Is it a Zero Off deal? I've tried this and it just feels wierd to me but I'll keep trying it if it has a purpose.

Thanks.

• Baller

awesome video!

Sully, for what its worth, I was skiing with Adam Caldwell and he was examining my gate pull out at 32 off, he basically said stand in the white wash, then point your shoulders and hips into the wake-yeah I argued that one bad idea-but when I tried it, it worked. Glide, stand tall, and slowly (or progressively) move the handle onto your left hip while coming into the wakes, hold and enjoy.

• Baller

I had really inconsistent pull outs and was too narrow until using similar concept.  Razor1skier got me to look at the wake at the point when I would pull out.  I believe result is same as the technique posted above, but really simplified things for me to simply look that at the wake and have the rest fall into place.  At first was really surprised at how quickly and effortlessly I popped out there.    Razor1 also stands tall and keeps handle low near right hip, then transitions it over to left hip at turn in.  I'm still working on that aspect.  Now if that two foot thick piece of ice on the lake would just melt!

Thanks for the vids, John.

• Baller_

I started with the hip drop for my gate approach this year. For me it helped with the ski not trying to hunt outside the gate right after pull out. also A lot of the younger skiers are doing this now. Their was some Go Pro footage with the camera mounted on the ski of Sledghammer and it really focuses on that style of approach.

Looking forward to spending some time with Karina while at the Moomba. she is truly a gifted slalom skier and a very friendly person to be around. Had the opportunity a couple of years back to drive a clinic while down under and she was the instructor we had fun in the boat that day.