Horton’s Southern Fried Baller Safari (Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi & Louisiana) Planning Stage

Horton

• Administrators

Assuming I am welcome or can use a fake name, Smart and I are hoping to ski at Divorce Lake, then Dream Lake then head south to Ski Ranch (don’t tell Chad, he does not know). After we get out of New Orleans jail, it is off to Levees Edge, maybe Bennett’s, and Jones Town before heading north to "Old Ward’s Pond" and "The Lakes at Darwin".

I sent out some emails to a few Ballers today with questions like….”Where the heck is your lake?” Are you sure it is cool if we come by for a ride and take some photos for BOS?

I am still looking for Ballers that are roughly between the Masters, New Orleans and Shreveport. Suggestions? Are there Ballers at Cedar Ridge? Is not exactly on the way but I have heard of it for some reason. Cannons and Brooks are both on the way. Any Ballers there?

I already have enough stops but why sleep when I can road trip and ski?

Mmmm fried oysters

• Administrators

Current plan does not exactly make sense after Monday: I mean the rental car is going to come back looking like Mad Max took it to the moon.

Divorce Lake Monday lunch time

Louisville or Eufaula Monday dinner time

Meridian Miss or Mobile Tueday Lunch

? Tues Dinner Time

Wednesday Lunch Ski Ranch and or Bennetts

Wednesday Dinner Baton Rouge

Thurs get to Shreveport

• Baller

Horton,

I can't believe that you ain't coming to Tennessee to enjoy our public lake with us. The bass boats, wave runners and yahoos will change your perspective. It is great practice too. 1. You learn to keep your knees soft. 2. You learn to wait on a tight line. 3. If you can't control the handle, it'll control you. 4. The "after the tows" brewskis are xtra cold and we are only an 8 hour ride to the Lakes of Darwin!

• Administrators
MC - Day 3 is in play.... Thinking we would rather ski unknow sites with Ballers than Bennetts so yea maybe. The schedule is getting silly....

• Baller
Horton must be some kind of celebrity. I have folks calling from all over America (and parts of Alabama) wanting in. I even have some people who aren't in the tournament sending me messages lobbying for their friends to get in. Maybe he just owes them money!

• Baller
Joe, You did the right thing by letting my wife's sister's cousin's aunt's little orphan child, The J Man, ski in your tourney. It saved me the trouble of reserving the blacked out Lincoln to deliver on the threats. You weak-kneed skiers ever get some babes and some prize money in your p***ant sport, let me know. I might feign some interest at that point. Otherwise, keep the faith and have a good time--whatever that means to you slalom nerds. Peace, Tony Soprano

• Administrators

No. Sheedy showed us all how to drink and chase skirts.

JD was the best jumper by far that I ever trained with. That last summer I jumped, it was just the two of us at NLU jumping everyday. I can not prove how far I went before I got hurt but the skis were short and the boat was not as big as the boys have today.

• Administrators

Jackson leg maybe... Dave and I kind of want to skip sites we have seen (or counties where there may be open warrants) We do need to say FAR from Monroe.

I could never be a travel agent.

• Administrators

Smart will be with me. He will get locked up first. ... Anyone heard the story about when he almost shot off his own foot in a parking lot?

• Administrators

So pumped

5/30/2011 Monday AM Divorce Lake

5/30/2011 Monday PM Eufaula lake

5/31/2011 Tuesday AM Dream Lake

5/30/2011 Tuesday PM Every Single Ski Lake in Jackson Miss / with Lonnie H

6/1/2011 Wednesday AM Ski Ranch

6/1/2011 Wednesday PM Levees Edge

6/3/2011 Thurs Jones Town

6/3/2011 Thurs PM Old Ward's Pond

I live just north of Eufaula... at least I know when I need to keep the livestock locked up... ;-)

(sorry, don't know ya, just felt like it was a good time to be a smart ass... wait... is there ever a bad time??)

Off to get wet!