Goode mid adjusting bindings and fin

icewebdan

Just receive a new goode mid with insert for animal bindings. I put them in the middle hole and will try that tomorrow morning.

Here's my question: What would be the reason to move them back or foward? What would be the effect of such movement?

Thanks

• Baller
If your fin is stock (don't assume the factory got it right) have your boat crew watch the water break on the ski when coasting and behind the boat. If it is too far back, move forward, or vice versa. It seems like a lot of guys are saying to go forward, especially if you are a heavier skier.

• Baller
Don't just put them in the middle hole. Measure the distance from the back of the binding to the tail and mount them in the recommended spot published by Goode. Typically, you'll want the water to be breaking under the ball of your front foot in your glide for the gates and as you cross behind the boat.

First set, first impression: Really weird, It feel it really on top of the water...Had difficulty to finish the turn specially on offside…so I was late because of not enough angle

But I did the same buoys count with this Goode mid compare to my Z7 even if it is the first set…

I will check distance from tail, but it seems ok (29.25 inch)

I went through this last year when I switched from Animal bindings to Powershells. You need to know where your heel is in your bindings relative to the reference point of measure. My reference point of measure on the Animals was on the heel rubber just above the horseshoe. Your Animal binding is exceptionally deep at the heel when compared to a Powershell. What I discovered is that there was about 7/16" of difference between the reference points of the two bindings relative to where my heel was. I would recommend that you SUBTRACT 7/16" from the Goode recommendation to obtain the stock setting. Use that as a starting point and then move from there to see what works for you.

I know it sounds like an absurd amount, but that's correct. With the inserts you're not going to have a lot of flexibility. You put it as close to stock as you can, and then try 1 hole forward and 1 hole back. Remember that if you move your bindings forward from stock, your fin probably needs to go forward as well. Vice versa for backwards. For example if your bindings are forward .150" from stock, try moving your fin forward .010". Bindings forward will probably help at 32 off and longer. At 35 off and shorter, it's harder to get width with bindings forward. You just need to experiment and find what works for you. I'm on a mid as well, and back .25 seems to work well for me. My driver likes the stock setting. If you don't have much water time to experiment, put it as close to stock as you can and ride it...

Glad to hear that it's working better for you. So as I understand, you are now foward 1/8" from factory recommendations. I would suggest that you try moving your fin forward .008" (.125/15) from the factory setting and see how it feels. This should help your offside if you're loading up the rope too quickly and getting pulled forward out of position as you cross the wakes going into your onside turn.