2008 HO Monza troubles

ustdl

• Baller

I have been having trouble making my 2008 monza turn on my offside. While technique can play a factor in such problems, I do not think I have the ski set up correctly to optimize performance. Being that I am LFF, the trouble arises on my 2-4 turns. The ski seems to have problems finishing the turn (Must be forced to gain correct direction to the next ball even when I am centered and in good position). Additionally the front of the ski seems to hop up and down immediately after the turn is completed (usually it hops atleast two or three times-Ive seen it when going back and looking at videos of myself and it can be all the way to the first wake). Seems like the front binding may need to come back but my animal bindings only allow for 0.25 inch changes which seems pretty drastic. The fin is pretty much stock right now. I do most of my skiing right now at 34 and 36 mph - 15 and 22 off.

Sorry for the book, but I would welcome any experience anyone has with such issues.

• Baller
Yeah, I am trying to figure out if it is worth it to swap to something else. I assume the monza can be tuned to work better on offside turns, however I tried a D3 Nomad RCX last season and it turned much better on my offside in addition to being more stable. I guess it was not a fair comparison though because the D3 had goode hardshell bindings on it..

Had a System 8- same mold- Fin numbers posted look good. I found that the ski would not turn into angle unless I either moved the bindings forward, or increased distance from tail (kind of same thing.) Ski was very stable, and forgiving but could not be pressured in the turns, without 'porpoising' or worse...

• Baller

I will give the fin numbers a try. Its further from the tail and longer than what i am running right now. Not sure what binding system you were using with your Monza MS but I was curious of binding placement as well as I have been tampering with that trying to make the ski turn better on the 2-4-6 side (my offside).

As for Dusty's "or worse" portion of the previous comment; in an effort to turn the ski when I am impatient on my 2-4 side, I will occasionally overload the tip sending me head over heels... not fun.

ustdl

I rode Approach front stock with my rear wiley seperated (toe to back of front boot) about 1.5 inches.

There were lots of people that could not get Monza to turn on the off side so if you are banging your head dealing with it you may be better off getting a new ski. I rode an 05/06/07/08 and loved them all but the 07 was the best ski I have ever owned.