Ski size A2 and S2

Wish

• Baller
I'm 5' 11" and 175 lbs. and skied a 66.5 inch A2 for most of the summer. I set a couple pb's on that ski. After getting frustrated with my performance a couple of times, I went back and skied my 67 RCX. It was much less effort than the A2 and I was more consistent on the RCX, so I sold the A2, and am looking for a fusion. I do want to try the S2 though. Not sure what size of S2 I would need. I was in Orlando last week with the A2 in hand but, it rained all day, so I went to Performance ski and Surf. Looks like the S2 is noticeably wider than the A2.

• Baller

Wish I'm 5'11 176lb and on an 66.5 S2 Skiing into 38@34mph Have not found the S2 to be slow at Longer line lenghts at all, have actually found it to be a lot faster with less effort, compared to 66.25 A1

It would be very hard to go wrong with the S2 as Ed has mentioned in other threads.

Skiing on a 66.5 A-2. 6'0", 183 lbs now. (will creep up to 189-190). Good match at 185, 190 is more 67'5 ish.

Tried a 66 S-2. Too soft and too short. Go 67 with that one if you are over 180 and stay there.

• Baller_

@Oldskeer

This is why I'm confused. S2 does not size at 66 or 67. If it did, no brainer a 67 would be perfect. I'm assuming you mean 66.5 is to short and a 67.5 would be better. I have heard the S2 is a pinch wider then a traditional and going to a 66.5 is more like (in surface area) a 67 traditional shaped ski which the CoX was and that seemed to be correct size when I tested it. Thanks for all the posts but still a bit unsure and still looking for more opinions.

• Baller

Wish,

The S-2 incorporates what they call "Low Taper Shape." Low Taper shape narrows at a much slower rate thereby increasing the amount of surface area.

This results in much more ski surface area for it's length, similar to a Goode Mid-Ride. I am 6'4" @ 225 and the 67.5 S-2 feels that it has more surface area than my 68" Sans SR-2. Especially with the Low Drag stepped bottom.

At 185, I don't think you would ever slow the 67.5 down enough. I barely can at 225.

• Baller_
The 67 CoX was the perfect size not nesisarialy the perfect ski, if there is such a thing. Have not been on the S2 yet but was confused on the sizing. My theory is the S2 may be a combination of several things. A tad more surface area like the Mid but closer I think to the D3Z7 St. It's my understanding that the Z7st has a more gradual taper to the tail vs traditional taper like the CoX and a host of others. I really like the Z7st. A lot. So the S2 may be the best of both elements in design. I am convinced after spending so much time on the CoX that the step bottom is not going to be a fad. I think JTH's review of the Prophecy with it's step bottom and his performance on it is testament to that. We will see. Hopefully getting a ride on S2 this week.