anybody use TRX training?

crashman

I got a TRX trainer for Christmas- anybody use this device to stay in shape in the off season? I'm just starting to play around with it to see what exercise I can do but it seems like a good way to build core strength. It came with the "rip trainer" which looks like a long pole attached to a bungee cord meant to work on rotational strength. Many of the exercises seem like they could be done with other equipment but I got it as a gift so I might as well put it to use.

I made one at the beginning of the fall. Since I didn't have any programs with it I tried to piece together some stuff from the web as inspiration; it seemed like you could do a lot of useful exercises with it. Then I started doing p90x (wife already had it), and that sucks up all my workout time so I haven't used the Faux-TRX in a while. Once it starts warming up I don't know if I'll want to keep up p90x (plus it seems like it would be too much while skiing), so I might go back to the TRX to mix it up.

So, that probably wasn't too helpful, but I'd be curious how it works out and what anyone does in-season with it.