HO Pros and the EXO

Garn

• Baller

JT uses fluid motion. Willy uses the reflex with a kicker. Marcus, I am not sure what he uses.

I am not sure the deal with the exos. I do know the design is finally frozen for 2012, in 2011 they were still not finished with them. That could be why.

Back in November JT was still on and off with EXO's. 2012 EXOs are supposed to be better - all metal mechanism, no annoying plastic parts. It is tough for high level pros to change into something different, especially bindings. It's far easier to change skis. I wonder if there is anyone out there of a higher level who is set on EXOs....?

• Baller

I've always thought it odd that HO couldn't get their pro's to use the EXOs. At least JT has gone back and forth between them and his FM's.

Hopefully, for 2012 they've come up with a better snout design for that rail so it's not snapping off at inopportune times.

• Baller

I have three pairs, well, only one pair is used. The others are for parts if I bend a bar or break a toe piece. So far I have not bent a single bar but did toast two or three toe peices. Fit great. I use my own judgment regarding how tight to set the release tension. I only use the the chart as a rule of thumb. People may be getting hung up there thinking the chart is the end all and be all regarding the release setting. Just like everything in waterskiing, with never ending variables affecting the outcome. Also,

There is a ton of room between each setting letter. It would be interesting to see a super "HighTop" option for the front boots.

• Baller

I just got a new pair of the 2012 versions

but will have to wait until a trip in Feb to try

them out. However I must say the fit & finish

is outstanding as is the fit. They seem to be

very well thought and made with apparently

all of their previous shortcomings fixed. Aside

from that the lateral support is crazy great.

• Baller

EXO Pro's for 2012 - They shortened the bar a fraction to allow the system to release better while the ski is in full flex, no jamming. They made the tip and tail section of the bar out of metal, so breakage is not an issue. They changed the boot to a flap over the lace rather than a zipper. The flap uses velcro to attach it to the outside of the boot. The boot material seems to be thicker and the graphics are cool looking.

I have been on EXO Pro's since their inception and have never had any problems with them. The 2012's are a good improvement over the 2010/2011's IMHO.

Fit, feel and response is terrific.

• Baller
yes, its about 3/32" gap. It allows for full flex release of the system. Not sure this is a worry since you have to be real cranking a turn to flex compress the ski. This would be pushing your bindings firmly down onto the surface of the ski. The release system is more for and OTF or tumble release IMHO.

• Baller

Thanks for you info, Chuck, re the 1/8 inch gap. I have a new bar and bar ends and was really wondering why it didn't fit properly. I was thinking of using the old bar with the metal inserts but maybe not a good idea--understanding the flex issue. What do you think? Should probably just use the new bar?

THanks

• Baller

@Chuck Dickey

Have you experienced any difference in size between earlier year models and the 2012.

I´ve tried the 2010 before and thought they were true to size (I´m a size 9 and Exo 9 had a great fit) should I aim for the same in 2012 ?