Our Week at WaterSki Costa Rica

Laz

• Baller

A few weeks ago we spent 8 days with Jim Kilsdonk at WaterSki Costa Rica. This time we were two families, 4 adults and 6 kids.

This was by far the best family vacation in memory. The skiing is without compromise. Jim is a fantastic and patient coach. Most of the kids skied every day, with the older ones skiing twice. The lake, course and conditions were usually perfect. Although we had a few cloudy days, we had very little wind.

The kids (and adults) loved the non-ski activities, especially the zip lining and hot springs.

Everyone made progress and skied as much as much as our bodies could handle. My 6 year old got up on two skis by herself and crossed the wake for the first time. My 9 year old made the course at 40k and my 11 year old actually skied and with a smile. My wife is very close to making the course and I finally got some consistency with 28' off.

Hopefully, we can do it again next year.

See www.waterskicostarica.com for details.

I will post a 28' off video for critical analysis!

• Baller
Already plans to dive w/family in Cozumel spring break this year, but discussing possibility of next year. Suspect it will be a ski buddy trip rather than family, though, as the rest not enough into skiing and expensive trip for non-skier.

• Baller
I did so, thanks. He sent a great response outlining all that can be done. The question is whether I can sell it in place of an annual SCUBA trip to the family. It might be more fun w/ski buds just because I don't have to be concerned that everyone else is having fun, too.