Southern Regionals Scores

Roger

• Baller_
The set up on the east lake (one closest to highway) north end is short and weird from what I remember. I had to do a 3 way 3rd place run off with a cold 35 north bound. The 38 on the way back was a mess do to the short set up. Got into that run off by running the 38 north bound with a 32 off start. No choice in run off. It was very funky. Was surprised that year how many top sead skiers (way better then me ranking wise) went down early.

Sheely was right. great little headwind off the dock. Started at 32, real easy. A little windy but no water problems. Coming back at 35, I set up for a little tail wind, but, the way it was swirling, it was a headwind. My error.

• Baller
Saw a few of you guys at the SR's. John Brooks, Jody Seal, Jim Powers (thanks Jim for your help with practice driving, I couldn't have done it all). I wish I could have met more of you, but it's hard to get to everyone, especially if you don't provide your real name on here. We got through it despite 3 instances of work boats moving while slalom was going on. One person not getting a reride as a result, even though it was warranted. Sort of an end of an era for me, as this signaled the end of 34 mph for me (not going to Nationals) as I now prepare for M7 (32mph). Not excited about it. I'll be asking for advise here as time progresses.

• Baller
@LeonL. That happened to me on Saturday! I got in a runoff for second place in M2. I came off the dock at 35, round the turn island, only to see a Nautique intersecting the boat path. I didn't know what to do so I threw the handle and didn't enter the course. Reride granted. Why on earth did someone else not get a reride?? If that happened to me......well let's just say it wouldn't be pretty....

Sorry bout' that WebbDawg. I was driving and I didn't see the Nautique until we came around the island. I'm glad it worked out for you. Good move on the handle toss. Ham

• Baller
@webbdawg99, as for the person who did not get a reride; the work boat apparently was moving along the shoreline and created rollers. I say apparently as I didn't see it even though I was boat judge. I was concentrating on the course and the skier -- buoy to buoy. When the boat returned the skier signaled the boat and requested a reride. I polled the tower judges and both towers declined the request, stating that they observed no rollers, effectively taking me out of consideration in the decision. The skier didn't fall, per se, just released the handle, which I thought was odd at the time. He just wanted to avoid a crash. In the other instance (W4) a reride was granted ( 2 skiers later) after the skier went to shore and (apparently) spoke to the ACJ. I spoke with the tournament director after the first occurrence and he assured me that it wouldn't happen again, but alas it did twice more.

• Baller
@LeonL. Thanks for filling me in. As much as we all want to participate in a "perfect" tournament....mistakes happen.....especially when its a tournament stretched out over so many skiers over multiple days. I know hosting a tournament of this magnitude is a HUGE undertaking. In my circumstance, the work boat was entering the course to remove the slalom buoys to get ready for jump. Obviously, they were only trying to move the tournament along as efficiently as possible. Big thanks goes out to EVERYONE that volunteers and helps make these events happen.