"R" Type

Stevie Boy

• Baller

I just switched to the reflex boot and RTP and am eager to try it out. My main goal for the switch was to allow me to drag a leg when starting off bc it requires so much less effort for me personally and I miss it having used double boots for the last few years.

That said, I didn't go with the R type rear binding because I wouldn't be able to drag a leg when getting up. That's the one drawback I see.

• Baller
@jfw432 just thinking if the "r" Type was not adjusted too tight what comes out must go in, so possible to drag leg for start, the reason I,m looking, is consistency in position of the rear foot, I know somebody who uses RTP and heel cup, thinking of using the "R" Type in the same way, was also thinking of glueing foot pad in and lining the shell no need for a liner,

• Baller
@Stevie Boy, It looks like an overlay that clamps down, so my thought would be to wear a neopreme sock or something. I am thinking the same about dragging a foot due to a knee issue on my back leg. A long time ago, pre-double high wraps, I attached a heel cup from an old HO comfort grip, just to prevent side to side movement.

• Baller
Assuming you can keep those straps tight enough and still be able to still slide a foot in place, it might work. I do think the liner would have to be bonded to the binding. I've done a lot of stand up jetskiing in the past and keeping anything on your feet that isn't strapped or laced in place, won't really stay on your foot.