Ski advice

mikey

I'm looking for a new ski. I'm 42 in good physical shape. I ski behind a Cobalt 200, so the wake is pretty big. I've been to a ski school for a one day lesson, but could not get the timing down while trying to a run the course. I will probably take another lesson this summer, but I will be a open water ,recreational skier.. I have no problem getting up and crossing the wake, however my form is not that great. I'm working on getting in the stacked position while crossing the wake. Skiing on a old 1995 HO with animal bindings presently. Suggestions welcomed... My budget is around $300.

Thank you!

• Baller
I would suggest a Radar Senate C. It is a very stable ski, turns well, and provides the right balance between open water/course ski. In other words, it's a great open water ski, while providing the necessary characteristics to advance you in the course (if/when you so choose). I would suggest that you go to ski-it-again.com and look for a used one that has been lightly used. You should be able to purchase one 2-4 years old well within your budget.

• Baller

@mikey What speed are you skiing at? If 32-34, the Radar Senate might be a good choice. You don't necessarily need the "C" version if open water skiing or just learning the course. If skiing slower the Radar Theory could be a good choice as well. I found 2012 models of each at this site for within your budget. http://www.wakehouse.com/radar-water-skis/

• Baller
@mikey I feel your pain. We had a Cobalt 220 up until fall and got a 196! I just had to beg my parents for about 3 years until they could not take it anymore and finally gave in. It was a great boat tho, just had to ski at about 25% because of the monster wakes.