Does Horton Give Sound Advice?

Brady

• Baller

Well, today is the day I am trying out my brand new SenateC. The lake is frozen, but we will launch from the river and then paddle the boat with oars for 1/2 mile and then creep around the edge of the lake trying to miss the frozen tundra, and then hopefully will be looking at the course.

@Horton said to not use your wing unless you are at 32 off. The ski shop guy told me I was crazy to take it off and that, "I was hurting the technology of the ski." I asked him how good of skier he was and he said he could ski 18 off. I then started chuckling and informed him that he was full of crap and that I was going to listen instead to a long-haired, kilo-kai-drinking, rude sob that was a much better skier than he was. Here is proof of me taking it off right in front of the dude that could ski 18 off. I should have asked him at what speed he skied--he probably would have answered 35!

So, Horton, I think your advice is sound. I will let you know how she works out today. BTW, ain't that just a damn fine looking ski!!!!

• Baller
@Horton Post the thread about the Horton Rules for @kmenard please. John, I am sure he didn't know what he was talking about. Most Americans use feet and not meters. Maybe not in Bako though. "Hey John, let's grab a burger. I can meet you at the place 300 meters down the road. I love them 1 kilogram patties, don't you." come on Horton.....

• Baller_
Well, in point of fact, if the salesman happened to be Warren Witherall, he was the first person to run "short line," running 6@18, and doing it on a square back ski. If the dude behind the counter was an old timer, he may know more than you think. 18 off was a legit line length until the 60's.

Lpskier