Camaro Titanium 2.0 Shorty Review

MattP

• Baller

Camaro Titanium 2.0 Review

http://i.stpost.com/camaro-titanium-mono-waterski-pro-shorty-wetsuit-long-sleeve-2mm-for-men-in-titamium~p~5764n_01~220.2.jpg

For some reason it is still Spring down here in the south. The water in Atlanta has been hovering around 68°F. I recently picked up a Camaro Titanium 2.0 shorty wetsuit to combat this spring's conditions.

I am 155lbs, 5'10, 38" chest and the Medium is a nice very snug fit. The first time I put the suit on I did not think it would zip up all the way. The Camaro has almost an elastic quality to it. The suit is tight but comfortable and almost pushes all of the air out of the suit leaving it suctioned to your body forming a very close second skin layer. Almost no water gets in this suit at all. Just a little will seep in through the zipper and around the neck when you sit in the water, but it is refreshing. Water does not penetrante the silver layer at all. I am always warmer in this suit than when I get out of it after skiing. When I am skiing I do not even realize that I am wearing the suit it really is like a second skin. It completely blocks out any wind and allows me to focus on my skiing rather than be distracted by the conditions. I did not have any of my range of mobility affected while wearing the suit either.

There is no pull string for the rear zipper so you have to get someone to zip you in and out.

Trim and file your finger nails before you go to put this suit on for the first time. The outside silver skin is very delicate and very very thin. If you grab it the wrong way and pull to hard while pulling it up your arms you could get little fingernail sized tears in the silver layer. While I do not think this effects the overall performance of the suit it could if you get enough little tears on it. It is a little harder to get the suit on your arms when it is already wet or damp if it has not dried fully after it's previous use. This is when I seem to get the nicks in the silver layer. If I know I will be skiing again soon I will just leave the suit on with it unzipped and throw some clothes over it to keep it from getting snagged.

If you don't like taking your time to get ready or don't want to worry about messing up suit I would say this suit is not for you, but I would check out the new BlackTec wetsuits by Camaro.

Hands down the best wetsuit I have ever used. I will never be able to wear another companies suits after owning this one. I will be a Camaro customer for life!

• Baller

@MattP....My feelings exactly...Got mine a couple months a go and shed my longsuit at that time..Could not believe how warm it kept me in 60 degree water...Hardly felt like I had any suit on...Added a draw string to the zipper so I can put it on myself.

I was really impressed with Camaro, so I ordered the Impact Vest..It is also light and sheds water.

Great Products !!!

• Baller

Agree with all the above I also have a long sleeve shorty

the water temp here is about 62 and the suit is fairly

comfortable little chilly on the bare lower legs but overall

real nice although it is real delicate like stated above.

The suit is super comfortable. Also received the suit real quick

from the Waterski girl.

• Baller

@shaneh something like that. It is a government institution...

@ral I did and I got my brother to get one as well.

I don't want to risk ripping the suit when pulling the zipper up. I may put one on so I can take it off myself.

• Baller
@MattP, that is a sensible approach. Unzipping is more important, as you do not want to risk being alone at the dock with a suit on (happened to me once with a drysuit...).

I have both the 2mm Titanium long suit and the 0.5 mm titanium shorty and I can honestly say they are the best suits I have ever had. Its get rather chilly in England during the winter and I have been happy in my long suit while the water is just above 5C. Could never see me wearing another suit again. Camero all the way.