Perfect pass classic acting up

Waternut

• Baller

We've been struggling with the perfect pass in our club boat this year. The boat is a 99 ski nautique with EFI. Sometimes it doesn't want to settle and others it settles and then randomly gasses the boat for no apparent reason. I contacted PP a few weeks ago and they recommended recalibrating the set points. I did that yesterday and it seemed to work for 10-15 passes. Then on the last pass of the day at 34mph, PP disengaged around 5 ball and the speed shot up to 38-39mph around 6 ball. I pulled the throttle back a little bit just to try and maintain the correct speed. When I pulled the throttle back, it felt like PP re-engaged and cut throttle completely. The boat dropped to almost 20-25mph as I went out the gate and before I could turn the system off.

I contacted PP yesterday but figured they wouldn't get back to me until Tues-Wed and we plan to ski today. I'm planning to check the rpm wire on the dash and make sure it's tight. We've checked all the other wires and they seemed good.

Any other ideas?

I used to have issues with my 2002, I also called perfect pass and they where great I followed their instructions and it worked great then did the same thing, I reset it again and we all weighed 180lbs if we didn't change the weight it worked fine. you can adjust the RPM up and down to make times correct