Competition on the gates. Two ELK tried out our track!

gsm_peter

• Baller

Yesterday evening at the club when I was driving my buddy there where 2 elks that wanted to pass the track.

They where a bit disturbed by a water skier that passed a few 100 fee'ts away.

But they didn't give up. When we gave them 5 minutes they swam over to the other side.

Quite impressive animals. Large and fast swimmers.

And they really smell animal.

So now we need to put up one of theses traffic signs!

http://laganland.se/Filer/Copy_of_algskylt.gif/

=0)

Peter

Note that this is not so urban areas.

They came from a town house area with only small parts of forests.

• Baller

We have a few 100 000 Elks in Sweden but I have never read about anyone get killed by an Elk?

I agree, they are big and run fast and I can imagine them being agressive.

I have meet a few wild ones just as close as 20 yards away.

I try to calm back of from where I came from....

• Baller

@gsm_peter Here's a quote from The Local (Sweden's news in English): "Elk attacks are relatively uncommon in Sweden, although elk are responsible for more human fatalities than any other animal in the country." According to Parks Canada, "Bull elk can be extremely dangerous as they enter rutting season (September through mid-October)." I'm with you and prefer to keep a little space between me and anyone who can flash this many knives at once:

http://www.calgaryherald.com/technology/cms/binary/7311032.jpg

In Sweden they call them elk- not sure their spelling (elg?). I think the North American settlers had no idea what to call "wapiti' but it was too long and too hard to pronounce- so 'elk' it was! :-) (I think "wapiti" means "big deer" or something really insightful like that.) :-) Mousse is of course a delicious custard-style dessert... But they weren't making a lot of it in the 1600's so when the pioneers first saw one of the beasts, they said- "let's call it a moose- no one will know, as long as we change the spelling a bit- it's a great one-syllable word, and it's not being used anyhow"... I think I need more, (or less?) coffee.