How far do you drive to your lake?

ScarletArrow

• Baller
65 feet and 3 buttons..One raises the cover, one lowers the boat, and one starts the, "She's Real Fine, My 409," 6.0 CC200. Right across from 1 ball..Also Matt Rini's Lake, Andy Mapples Lake, and Chris Lapoints Lake are all within 10 minutes...Orlando is not a bad place to be.

• Baller
We're about 5 minutes from a nice public pond that's 3 miles long with a course,15 minutes from a small public pond with a submersible course, and 30 minutes from a large-busy public lake with a course & a private pond just the right size for our course. We tow the boat to them. Pretty lucky !!!

• Baller

My lake is Lake Placid.

It is the other end of the State of New York from the "Fashionable" Hamptons....

So about 6 hours IF we leave at 4 A.M.

But well worth it. There are some great skiers there - hard & soft water.

• Baller
10 minute drive from work to the house. 5 minutes to hook up boat and uncover. 1 minute to put ski stuff from Tahoe to boat ski locker. 5 minutes to change clothes, round up Lake Dawgs and explain to wife. 8 minutes drive to Chuck Ainlay's house. Pick him up at end of driveway. 45 minutes to ramp (including quick stop at BP for frosty ones and ice). 3 minutes to ubhook boat, install Lake Dawgs and launch. 1 minute drive to ski course. 77 minutes.

• Baller

Home site: drive 14 miles to marina, could take 17 min. or 55 min. if its rush hour.Launch boat, drive 10 min. to site, clip on turn buoys, ski, unclip buoys, return to marina & douche everything cause its salt water.

Private site: drive 68 miles north of NYC, go skiing, drive home. Either way it's a minimum 4 hour commitment. And I can't wait to go skiing!

• Baller
I am making the decision to join a private lake next season. Will be about a 70 minute drive, but the water will be much better and so much more worth it. For all you living on a lake....you are all bastards!!!!!! I am jealous. My only wish is that when I die...probably from an OTF, I want my ashes sprinkled in every private lake mentioned in this thread.... everyone needs a little Brady in their sinuses!!!

• Baller

My last ski rides were a 3000 mile flight plus a 2hr drive to the house I was staying at then 90min to the lake... This spring I drove 12+ hours (one way) for 6 sets. Last spring a solid 12 hours for 4 sets... I didn't have any ski rides within 12hrs of home the past 2 years.

If all goes as planned, next season will be about 90 minute drive to the private site, 30 to public.