Waterskiing and kids sports

ScarletArrow

• Baller
@grab2go - uh, thank you. Thank you very much. Actually, if I really were a superdad, we'd have a place at Squaw Valley, the kids would be on the race team, I'd send them to Florida in the Spring, we'd ski every record, I'd buy a new Mastercraft, a set of D3 Nighmare jumpers and Goode Nano XTs, they'd have personal trainers. Crap, I suck.

• Baller

@xrated put my feelings into words. It's really hard for me to call it "Family Time" when one kid is out on the soccer field and the other 4 and the parents are all in the stands watching. I would definitely prefer a day with the whole family on the lake, or mountain biking, snowmobiling, or dirt biking. I think each kid should have a balanced mix between the individual sports done with the family and the team sports done with their peers, but that's my whole point, is that basketball, volleyball, soccer etc. are all sports where you enjoy peer time making friends that might just last a lifetime and be like family, and then there are also real "family sports" that can be done as a family.

Anyway, like I said, I knew that a ton of you would disagree with me, shoot, every one of my 5 siblings disagrees with me, and that is fine, I just don't think that one kid's choice to play basketball should necessarily equal a commitment from both parents and all the other kids as well. We can agree to disagree on that one.