Looking for a Ride Next Week - Near San Diego

Texas6

• Baller

Mission Bay is pretty the only game in town. Hidden Anchorage off of Fiesta island is where the course is. I hitch rides there occasionally - just make sure they know you are a skier as most of the traffic is dog walkers. Try contacting somebody from San Diego Mission Bay Boat and Ski Club (SDMBBSC).

I'm on injured reserve for a few more weeks and the weather is still monsoon too much for my plane to get to my lake reliably so I can't help you. Springtime?

Eric

• Baller

@Texas6 The course on Mission Bay gets pretty windy nearly every afternoon. Here's the weather station on our starting dock. You can click back to see what the wind's been doing on previous days.

I'm going out first thing Tuesday morning the 17th, so if you can get to the launch ramp at sunrise, I can all but guarantee a good set for you with some super-nice people. It's saltwater, so it feels really fast and you'll want to rinse down your ski. Your only other choices are the (very) private courses at Canyon Lake an hour north or Imperial Lakes 1.5 hours east. I can try to hook you up in those places, but it's hit and miss. Let me know!

• Baller
@bassfooter, @Steven Haines, @eleeski, @colo_skier, Thank you all VERY much I sincerely appreciate it. I can make it in the late afternoon on Tuesday but the morning is a no go due to meetings. I have the afternoon off and would love to drive out to Canyon Lake if you think I might be able to find a ride and meet a new skier or two Tuesday late afternoon or evening at some point? You guys are awesome

• Baller
You can drive to canyon lake but it's a gated community and you can only get in if someone has phoned a pass in for you at the gate. You will really need to set this up with someone their. Look at the lake on Goggle earth to get an idea of were the slalom course and ski docks are at.

• Baller
@Steven Haines, I have an event at Torrey Pines that ends at noon. I can be there anytime that its convenient for Hugh. I would assume he likely isn't available until after 5:00 and if that's the case, Im totally fine with it and will defer to his schedule since I am the guest. Next time, we're skiing! Or if you ever get down to Houston, it's on me!!