lake building 101

ToddF

Any experts on getting permits and approval?

At one point I was told that I might need an environmental impact study, I really think it was just a money in their pocket issue.

I figure the tax revenues would more than offset that expense for them.

I guess I am trying to figure out the logic I should use when talking with them on the approval process

any thoughts would be appreciated

todd

• Baller_
Make sure that the local fire and rescue know they can use the lake for training. If there is a forest fire helicopter, let them know they can train with that on your lake as well. Any benefit you can give to the city is a good thing. Local rescue used to toss a car in our lake (free of all fluids) and train for under water rescues. It was in the lake for a week or so. Was cool to snorkel and watch fish go in and out of the windows.

• Baller

The guy who built our lake said the wetlands environmental impact was a pain to deal with. He had to remove less than half an acre of wetlands to create the dam. He said that the 6 acres he added literally right next to it was completely irrelevant but the half acre he had to remove created big problems. Go figure...

You have my respect for attempting to build your own lake though.

A lake builder friend, (in Western Washngton,) told me there had been nearly 40 separate agencies that had to sign off or 'approve' his build. Wasn't even wetlands per se, other than the fact that is pretty much what western Washington is... :-)