What the heck happened at Men's Prelims?

Horton

• Administrators

Those seem like low scores for those guys.

I am happy to see Neveu and Winter in the mix. I do not think most skiers have any idea how good these two are.

The biggest bummer if all is Bojangles Schipner who scored 5.5 balls at some pass. 5.5 sucks at any pass.

• Baller

Water temp is around 23-24 C.

Neveu and Winter are REALLY GOOD young guns. You will hear a lot about them in the coming years. Saw them training and competing and they are the real thing.

Common thing for CP an Nick P.: none of them trained at the competition lake behind the MC 6.2. Waking up that engine at the buoy can be devastating even for World class skiers.

It is VERY different to post a huge score in a backyard three-rounder than at the Worlds...

Roumor is that Will missed the gates intentionally...

Nate is from another planet...

• Baller

@Horton, To put pressure on the rest from a lower seed position, but showing he is the real deal at the same time.

This is mere speculation though... The only real thing is that nate and Will are clearly at a different level in this tourney...

• Administrators

@ral

Nate and Asher both ran 5@41 but Ashers score got pushed back to 0@41 right?

I can not image playing mind games is a good idea at the worlds. "If" there is something to the story it is kind of interesting.

• Baller_
@Horton: I can see the rationale of using that particular set as an experimental one since he was already in the finals. Gives him a chance to try something that may be awesome but very risky to see if it is worth it later. Also, skiing to a starting spot might also be the reason. It's done a lot in various racing series.

• Baller

Did anyone see who I think was Daniel Odvarko do that SWEET six ball?

Visual size this:

As his ski is going around six I notice something funny...

Left hand high in the air with handle in hand

Right hand (inside) handle-less! Dragging through the water.

This was @-35 I think. Crazy.

• Baller

@Rico is correct in his second posting. IT IS 0 @ 41. IWWF 2013 Rulebook 14.11, b) The second decision to be made is the skier's score by buoy count. A judge who might have felt that the skier missed the gate and thus scored 0 will continue scoring and state his final score as O with a continuation of X buoys where X is the score that he would have given the skier if he felt that the gate had been made.

As per IWWF, score is zero. Score would be zero as well if the skier missses buoy 1.

Actually, there is a reason behind that. You need a time for E1, as if fast, skier would be granted a reride. So the scoring card would show 6 @ 39 with 16,07 and 0 @ 41 with 1,68.

Unsure how to weigh in on this- As a judge and scorer though- it is possible to get 6 @ -39 without continuing to -41. "0 @ -41(10.25)" infers the -39 pass completed and next pass attempted for "0" score- for one of the two reasons as mentioned... Seeding score for another tournament will be the buoy count of the 6 @ 39...(114?) So- both of you are right!

• Baller

so they seriously used the 6.2lt as a slalom boat?

only Will would pull crap like that and say that he intentionally missed his gates. he always pushes the limit, every pass. skiing gates like he does, he will get them pulled from time to time. so is that 3 times this season? moomba, worlds, and I think there was somewhere else?