2014 Prostars New Tower

Dacon62

I've had a tower on all of my slalom boats - great place for the speakers and the high point makes towing boarders or little kids a lot easier. When recreational skiing, with a full boat, the high point allows the seats to be full. I want a full 6'6" under the speakers so I don't knock my head, though. The mini-towers were useless for me.

• Baller
What I wonder is how often the driver is going to bash their elbow into the huge knob that is used for removing or folding the tower. Just for grins, compare the MC tower to those from Malibu, Centurion, Nautique and even Moomba who is just buying Roswell towers.

• Baller
I still think its a shame Titan disappeared and their T3 is locked out of production (I think due to a patent, but not sure). Relatively easy to remove, strong and it doesn't look too bad. It could usually be mounted so it wouldn't interfere until after 38' off or better but I'm biased since I ordered my Response LXI with one.

• Baller
@scotchipman. Yes that is a Titan T3. I have a polished one (was the same price as black powder coat) on my 2009 with a Bimini that goes over the top of the tower. I got tired of ducking under a standard Bimini on our old boat. My wife calls it our "$2500 Bimini". It does help with teaching deep water starts and as many people make fun of towers as roll cages, my T3 saved my windshield on a houseboat trip. Some heavily loaded wake boat drove by way to close and slammed my Response into the houseboat.

• Baller

That's actually my boat, and the tower is incredibly easy to take off. One person could do it if you needed too. And, you can do it in under 30 seconds. I teach a ton of beginners, skiing and wakeboarding, so it makes it really nice for that.

I'll be honest the first picture I saw of it, I didn't like it. But, now I genuinely do. It looks a lot differently with the bimini up as well.