New ProStar -- 5.7L. What prop are others using, specific pitch

Razorskier1

• Baller_
The reality!! MC has had performance problems since moving over to ILMOR a couple years ago. Propellers wont fix under power or poorly calibrated engines. I really don't think this Thread would exist Had they stayed with Indmar! Just my opinion!

• Baller
34.2 was 3950-4050 depending on zero off adjusting for the skier. I will report 36 and WOT. My WOT without a skier, naturally, GPS was 42 with the OEM four blade. It looks like I have a version 3 manufactured July 1.

• Baller

We tried the suggested 3 blade on an MC we demo'd last weekend. Boat barely got to 36 at the pre-gates....and this is NOT a short set up. Other times the boat would surge right before the gates. Went as far as to test it with plus setting on and off. The only noticeable difference was that the plus setting throttled the skier more when loading in the course. This REALLY confused me bc my understanding was that the plus setting was only supposed to be an increased entrance speed. Maybe the boat couldn't get it done and was making up later. I have no idea.....but the speed of the boat coming into the course was inconsistent.

As far as steering goes....I think I've figured it out. In my opinion, there is a lag in response from driver input on the wheel to boat response. B/c of this, you need to be 1/2 step ahead of the skier to not get behind. When I would torque the rudder a little earlier, I found that less input was in fact better....but it had to be done earlier than with other manufacturer's boats. My $0.02

• Baller
3 blade Acme works well. Runs 4000rpm at 36mph, not sure where it is at 34.2. Acceleration is good and the boat still feels great when you are behind it. Tough thing for MC in general is that this boat came to market with such high expectations that it is being scrutinized for every small detail, and a couple of details still need tweaking. I suspect MC has solutions already in the works to resolve these issues. In the meantime, it remains the nicest pull I've felt yet on ZO.