Need a quick answer, measuring to rear of powershell boot?

skihart

• Baller

Hi guys

I am trying to measure for front binding position on a N1 with a powershell. Where do I measure to on the boot? The plastic heel part the furthest back? It looks like the boots have been moved from factory so the little cut in the plate doesn't correspond to the rear of the boot any longer. I would like to get this mounted tonight so I can run a set tomorrow morning. Any help would be appreciated .

• Baller

@skihart‌ Yes, the heel about an inch up.

The little notch in the plate is suppose to be the same as the rear heel of your front boot. When your rear boot is attached it's impossible to get a good measurement of the rear of your front heel.

With the rear boot removed and the front boot slightly loose, place the plate on the ski and measure from the notch to the tail down the edge of the ski to the factory spec. Then clamp it in place and slide the boot to the same dimension measuring from the bulbous area of the shell at the rear. Tighten the front boot down.

Now when you install your rear boot you'll always measure from the notch down the edge of the ski to the tail. Always keep your front boot in this location and you'll be able to move the plate is 1/16" steps on the dual lock always measuring from the notch.

When making future adjustment of the front boot requires removing the plate an indexing, moving the rear boot does not.

• Baller
Okay perfect. That's what I thought. Just wanted to confirm that it wasn't to the rear of your heel. There was a discussion on measuring Stradas a while back and I thought they mentioned to the rear stiching and not the actual back of the boot. I think it messed me up a bit. Why don't they just give you a measurement to the middle of your ankle bone like with a trick ski. It would be much easier. Thanks for the quick response.