SN200 Depth finder

MZito

• Baller

I just purchased a SN 200 2010 this summer and love it. There is a depth finder in the dash that just beeps all the time driving me crazy. The thing does not even work correctly , I am looking for the manufacture of the thing so I can contact them to get things figured out. I can not find anything on the **** thing...If anyone has any info on these it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Every car model in America has a thread about bad parts, even for parts with the highest reliability rates the industry has ever known. If all Nautique owners that have a working depth finder posted, I'm guessing the non-working posts would be hard to find. A few posts on a message board does not make a recall. I've driven four different Nautiques, three 200s, this month and none had a malfunctioning depth finder, just to throw in a few more data points that mean nothing. I rode in one new Mastercraft as well and the owner/driver seemed as happy as a clam. I must assume everything was working, including the fuel gauge, or he would have certainly been venting. Oh, the speedometer wasn't working on the '14 200 5.7. That owner said it came that way and it will stay that way unless something else pops up. Over the moon about his boat as well. That pesky speedo hasn't muted his enthusiasm.

• Baller

@Ghibli‌ I really don't think this was to bash or call out anyone,thing,make or model. I simply was looking for a little help with an issue on a new to me boat that I think is top notch. That is what these forums are for correct? In my opinion the SN200 is a fantastic ski boat that is perfect for me. I am not the most mechanically handy guy so this forum is a big help when issues come up.

Hey @shaneH, I heard about the MC fuel gauge problem. However, I also heard that there is something going on in most brand boats this year from something the EPA has required not just MC. Anyone know if that is the truth? Luckily my 14 Nautique hasn't and works well this year, but I could not get last year's fuel gauge to read full no mater if I completely topped it off.

• Baller
@Jdubs -never seen a fuel gauge that worked very well in a tournament boat. our 2008 196 will be half full when it reads near empty but fortunately you can open the trunk pull a panel aside and look right at the semi see thru tank. so we just marked it with a sharpie every 5 gallons and can see exact true volume at a glance.

@mzito I agree. I was responding to your "trend" comment. Just trying to make the point that it is hard to determine what are "normal" reliability issues and what are chronic issues with a particular model by a few posts on the internet. Even harder to do with automobiles given the much larger production runs. These things sometimes take on a life of their own. I'm guessing I'm going to hear, "So, did you hear 200s have problems with their depth finders?" Hope somebody has a solution for you. I've certainly sought feedback myself when I have had an issue. And when a problem is a trend, I don't know what percentage that would be, I would agree that the model deserves to be called-out.

• Baller
The depth finder will sometimes read 100' when hanging in the boat house or if you beach the boat. My fuel gauge works fine. You can put a couple gallons of gas in it after it reads 100%. I also have no trouble filling it at gas stations. It will take gas from the pump at full speed and not blow back. Mine is a 14 team.