How many pull/chin-ups can you do in a row?

ScarletArrow

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller_

Due to some bad tendinitis in my right elbow over the last two years, I hadn't tried any pull-ups in a long time. I was relatively pain-free today, so I tried some. Full disclosure: I did the pull-ups after 3.75 miles on the treadmill (30 minutes) and some back/core exercises. 50 years old. Weight about 145 pounds.

I completed 15 pull-ups from a dead hang with shoulder width overhand grip and quiet/still form (no squirming or contortions). I bet I could get a couple more if I were fresh and probably could break 20 if I actually did these in my workout routine occasionally.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller_

@ozski, if everyone is just throwing out some BS, why did you only pick 7-10 for your answer? You gotta aim higher than that.

I'll try to get some video, but I think asking a complete stranger in the gym to video some pull-ups might sound a little weird.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
The are nothing like skiing IMO.... How many depends on the grip. And whether or not I've overused the joints skiing and training in the week before. If not sore, overhand wide can do 25-30. With a power grip, more like 50-60..... Underhand close, probably 20 or so.