Classic slalom or GPS?

Tdub

It seemed like a good idea to switch to classic a few weeks back. The pull seemed easier and the boat didn't seem to run as erratic in classic. We do have a relative short setup so I thought I would give it try. But ever since I changed to classic, I have been in a bit of a slump. I am always accused by by sons that I should stop experimenting with PP. Any thoughts? Thanks.

• Baller
We gave up on SG when we were using PP. (That was up until last fall) I am sure that if you are a boat guy and very patient you can get SG to work on a short set up site. For me, it was a waste of money and time. Neither feels like ZO, so save yourself the headache and go classic. (IMHO as always)

• Baller

Classic with a switch mimics ZO reasonably well. I liked KX- PX10. I ran my baselines down so my weight was about 100 lbs high. Great feel. It takes a lot of driver skill to get right on times but exact times are overrated. The feel is pretty nice in Classic.

Still I have struggled with form on PP Classic, Stargazer and ZO so maybe the speed control is not the only factor...

Paddlewheel tricks is also excellent. Calibrate before a tournament it with either the PP GPS or a handheld unit.

PP jump was beyond my skillset.

I never had a comfortable feeling pull with any PP GPS driven pull. But I never owned it or spent time on learning how to set it up.

ZO rocks!

Eric

• Baller
If you have Stargazer with the magnets and paddlewheel I set the baselines in multi-magnet mode, but run it in the single magnet mode when skiing. It works perfect on my boat. I only had it surge from ball 3 to the exit gate at 30-32 MPH while pulling a heavier skier. I was able to correct the problem by adding an extra 50-100lbs to the crew weight setting, and set the Kx to + or ++. My brother has the version that runs purely off GPS. I think he used the open water capture mode to set the baselines. His works perfect too.