Moderatley aggressive FREE ski...... opinions?

SDNAH2OSKIER

So first off, I really like my prophecy, definitely helping my game and no plans to lose it, but, I am thinking of getting a slightly less aggressive free ski. I remember when I was shopping I thought pretty seriously about the S3, lot of people said it was a good and forgiving ski as I recall. Does that still hold true? Can you guys steer me to a good "second" ski to free ride on? Coming up on the off season like to see if I could find a deal on something. TIA Doug

BTW doe sizing purposes 6' 200lbs, skiing on a 68' prophecy and talons. I will want a complete ski.

@savaiusini That sounds exactly like what I would be looking for, thanks for the tip!! Can you put me on a mailing list if you have blems or promos or anything of that sort? I was planning to try and steal something off of skiitagain, but if I can get a good off season deal, I may buy a new one. Thanks again asmith6565@gmail.com

• Baller
@SDNAH2OSKIER‌ we're pretty well sold of that ski here at the factory. Do some hunting around with a local or online dealer and you're bound to find one on sale. If not, the 2015 model will be available soon.

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Administrators

HO CX Super Light Or Radar Senate. Can't miss. I like both skis a lot. I think the Senate is more forgiving and the CX has a higher top end. I learned a lot skiing on the CX this spring. Six one / Half Dozen.

Radar Senate - Mini Review

http://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/comment/157292

HO CX SuperLite / partial review

http://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/comment/154524

Please shop Performance or Robbys

• Baller

@savaiusini‌, I too have been looking at a second ski for free skiing. My current ski is an S1. I was looking for something that can handle chop from wind or boat traffic. I went with a Freeride, and it is really fun, but I get a lot of slack on the turns. Clearly it is due to my form and not being patient on the turns. After your post I am wondering if a CX Super Light might have been more what I was looking for.

@SDNAH2OSKIER‌, did you pick a ski?

• Baller
@skigirl‌ We also make a ski that's between the CX and the Freeride, called the TX. But if your objective is to ski in any water condition and not care what boat is pulling you, then you made a good call going with the Freeride. Just be patient and let the boat take out the slack before you turn back toward the wake.

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller

I'm on a coefficient Superlite, predecessor to the superlite cx. I got on it after not skiing for a year due to a shoulder injury. Was on an A2 last year and the Vapor. I ski at 34.

I've got to say the cofx SL is one hell of a ski in the course, very predictable, smooth, fast and stable through 32 off. Open water is very much the same.

I prefer it to the A2 I was on actually.