Bring Trick Skiing Back to the US Open! - Invest in the Future of the Sport!

MattP

• Baller

Dear Trick Fans,

We are setting out on a mission to bring trick skiing back into the lime light. Recent research shows that trick skiers and trick fans from around the world are alive and well. However, this is not proportionatly reflected in the pro tour scene. The US Open Team is working dilligently to change that.

We are are asking athletes, fans and three-event supporters to rally together and give trick skiing the respect it deserves.

Trick skiing has been around since the inception of water skiing, let's show the world that it is here to stay.

Kindly pull up your couch cushions, check under your car seats and tap into your Starbuck's fund to show the industry that we support our trick skiers.

Every donation will go directly to the trick prize purse for the 2014 US Open. It will be divided equally between the men and women events.

LEVELS OF INVESTMENT IN THE FUTURE OF THE SPORT:

$20: One free Lagunitas beer at the event (must be over 21!)

$50: One free event t-shirt

$250: One free athlete-signed event t-shirt

$500: Signed picture of US Open Trick Champions

$1,000: One 75th Anniversary USA-WS Gift Basket

*Top 4 donors will become board members of the US Open Tricks Committee.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DONATE HERE <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

• Baller

I know the ballers are mostly slalom skiers but we have to realize it is not always about us! There are other disciplines that need our help.

I have invested $20. Lets see if we can get 99 other people to do the same or better! Post here when you donate!

• Baller

Of course, any donations these days would have to be to me, as struggling to get by!!

A top-rated trick run is still a pleasure to watch for me, and attempting to call it, as

a judge, to get it right. Just an 'Assistant' now, but lost ratings On The Tour.

I do remember lots of trick skiing stories. Like Warren Witherell having a full 2nd

pass of continuous 360's on one ski at the 1956 Easterns, before they were limited.

Something like 17 or 18. Also watching Al Tyll break the 4000 point 'barrier', long

before we had some other tricks added to the roster. With a mostly 2-ski run that

also included ramp tricks back then.

Yup, a full toe run with the unwind-windups can be boring, other than the top level

ones with the toe wake line 5's, etc.

My trick skiing max'd out at something like 2240. With toe tricks feeling like they were

trying to rip my knee apart and stepovers feeling like I was trying to step over the moon.

I expect that others here have the same feeling.

• Baller

OK, I donated! Stoked by the support for trick skiing.

But I'm really conflicted. Why is trick skiing relegated to such second class citizenship? We have to resort to schemes like this to get to ski. Sponsors neglect us. Boat companies don't even consider us with the boat designs. @Horton‌ qualifies for MM in tricks and seems embarrassed by that extraordinary accomplishment.

There are some major uncorrected flaws in tricks. Judging is horrible and random. Rules are hostile to wakeboards who are just younger versions of trick skiers. No rules for wake quality, size or weighting exist to standardize a quality ride.

The claim that there is no money in trick skiing is clearly wrong looking at the strong numbers here. Manufacturers need to advertise and sponsor to tap the interest there. Boats need to function for tricks. AWSA needs to embrace changes that will stop stifling tricks. And we skiers need to be better ambassadors.

Good to see that the support for tricks is real and healthy. There is hope. Thanks to all who supported and will support tricks.

Eric

• Baller
Ballers, some of the runs you will see out of these guys and girls are mind blowing--straight up the best entertainment out there. Zharnasek vs Ballon, Berdnikava vs Lang--plus a healthy chunk of other contenders. Throw in a little dough and feel good about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Baller
Scratch that $375. Some pro jumper just dropped in some cash to help out his fellow skiers. $5 a user on the site at the current time! Think of it as dropping $5 to cover the webcast of slalom if that makes you feel better about donating!