Ladies ski sizing

alext

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for advice as I'm purchasing a new ski for my partner. She is 5'8 145-150lbs approx and is a beginner/intermediate lake skier. By that I mean she can get up easily and ski across the wake but by no means is she aggressive and only ever skis recreationally. She doesn't ski over 30mph.

We are in Australia so options are somewhat limiting in our price range.

I have been looking at a Jobe Flora (slightly wider ski a bit similar to a radar p6) which comes in a 65 or 67in only. I was leaning towards the 67 but concerned it may be just a bit too big. There is also a KD xenon 66in on sale at the moment. What do you guys think she would be best suited to? She currently skis on a mens Connelly 67.

Thanks for your help in advance!

• Baller
@alext my sister has a 2013 HO Freeride. All the girls love it. Minimal drag, good performance and stability. HO recommend 67" if she is over 130. 65" is for shorter girls - its hard to be fit, tall and still only 120 pounds. I'm in Australia too and about to buy a 2015 67" Ladies Freeride for my girl.

• Baller

@alext 65" skis are perfect at 50kg/110 pounds. Can't be fit, tall and 50kg!

http://www.hosports.com/pdf/ski_boot_chart.pdf

The above chart sums it up well. My sister has a 65" HO Freeride. All the girls love it. Drag is minimal, skis well, stable, good for dock starts etc. My girl is a little taller and I'm thinking of getting her a 67" freeride for Christmas (shhh!)