Lake Powell bucket list trip recommendations

Dacon62

• Baller

Want to do a bucket list trip to Lake Powell.

Need recommendations on,

1) Best Marina to book a House Boat.

2) Must visit locations on a 4 - 5 night House Boat tour.

3) Cool stuff to bring along, other then the obvious boat and watersports gear which will need to be transported there.

4) Nearest Airport to fly into.

5) Best time of year to go with adequate water levels, best weather, low winds, least crowds.

6) Any other helpful info.

Thanks in advance!

• Baller
Am open to suggestions but here is how I pictured it...Put boat on transport truck, have it delivered to marina of choice. Fly into nearest Airport, rent a vehicle to drive to Marina and launch boat. Am located in Southern Britsh Columbia, Canada so flying in would save us 6 days driving both ways.

• Baller

+1 for what @scotchipman says - note that out of Bullfrog, camping/mooring of the houseboat slots are limited until you get closer to the escalante arm. We will often go to the Rincon and have great water in the AM and then closer to dark. Otherwise a significant amount of boat traffic going down to Rainbow Bridge. On our bucket list is to deal with the longish motor out of Bullfrog to the San Juan arm.

Tough to find a DD for rent. If not impossible. I think the best marina is Antelope Point but you are 5-6 hours up to the San Juan arm to get out of the crowds. We go out of AP and go about an hour to Padre or Gunsight and find it just fine. You have to get up early to foot or Slalom but easily done every day. It would be worth it to drive your own boat I am thinking or ship it down but it will be pricey to do that.