Ski School Work for the less experienced...

susanm1ski

• Baller
I'm looking to work at a ski school next summer, but I am not a great skier (one day...). I have lots of experience with kids and some retail experience, but that's about all I have to offer in the way of ski schools. I'm also not afraid to work hard, I will do anything to have a place to train for the summer! I'm currently trying to learn how to drive the course as well but that has been slow going as I do not have a ski course (I ski with friends that live on a ski lake). Anyone have any advice or ski school recommendations?

• Baller

Coble is not too far from you.

April always have some young foreigners and american coaches and drivers.

Good luck and i'm sure you'll find something waterski related for next summer!

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller_

Keep in mind that ski schools don't just need coaches and drivers. They need cooks, people to clean, get groceries, mow grass, wipe down and wax boats. Showing initiative and willingness to do (almost) anything goes a long way to getting your foot in the door.

Bennetts is a good place to look and not too far away.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller
If you are unable to find a slalom specific school to work at another option is working at a summer camp with a ski program. Even though many of them do not have courses it would be a good way to get something on your resume to help in landing a ski school job. Both @Beans and I have worked at Camp Walden and have had a really good experience.