Thinking of replacing my carpet with Seadeck

ozski

• Baller

Looking for some feedback on the Seadeck product, currently doing some interior work on my 196 and I like the look of the Seadeck product. A couple of questions because its expensive stuff.

Is there any texture or color that works better than others? I'm looking at black on grey or plan grey.

Does it get slippery at all? (thinking about binding soap when it gets in the boat.)

Whats it like to clean?

Is it better than marine carpet?

Does it keep noise down like carpet does?

Wear and tear over a few seasons?

• Baller
I was on a friends boat with seadeck, I cant believe people pay extra for that unless they like wearing shoes or have full bimini coverage. That stuff gets hot! I'll stick with the snap carpet, easier to clean and replace. The blue nonskid under my carpet gets too hot as well.

• Baller
I haven't had a problem with the SeaDeck in the CP getting real hot in Michigan but we haven't had a real hot summer. Since i really use it the boat to ski the SeaDeck makes sense to me me in a ski boat than carpet and seems easy to maintain....I want the nice plush carpet in my pontoon boat......if it does get hot why not cool with down with some water it dries really quickly.

• Baller

I've used this kind of stuff for years and absolutely love it! Hydroturf and Blacktip are an EVA foam and are not slippery, nor are they any hotter than anything else in the boat. They are actually quite a bit cooler than cream colored carpet and vinyl in the sunny 105 degree days in GA. There is virtually no need to clean them. Hydroturf and Blacktip aren't as thick as SeaDek though so it won't be as soft unless you use a closed cell underpad. The one major downside to Hydroturf and Blacktip is that the colors will fade pretty heavily in constant sun so you need black or grey which for some reason do not fade. However, even black and grey will start to deteriorate after a couple years of constant sun abuse. When I say deteriorate, the foam gets a little more grainy feeling and might dirty a white bathing suit but ultimately looks about the same.

As for sound... This stuff will keep noise down from underneath the floors a little better than carpet but noise inside the boat will be louder. Think carpeted room vs hardwood floors. I used the stuff on the engine cover of my last boat and it was loud but after paying big money to add dynamat to the inside of the engine cover, I realized the dynamat made almost no different and all the sound was coming from the mid 80's exhaust at the back.

As for everyday use... I didn't want to spend the money on SeaDek because it's so expensive and the Hydroturf/Blacktip wasn't soft enough for me. I was also afraid that hundreds of dollars worth of SeaDek would like like crap if I had to patch in a few pieces to fix scratches. So I used the puzzle style exercise mat to do the floor in my last boat. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K2TWXO0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00 Everyone loved how grippy and soft that floor was! I was amazed at how well it stood up to people banging/dragging ski fins, wakeboard edges, and other stuff across it. If you drag a wet foot across the foam, it will squeak which is a little annoying but a small price to pay in my book. The grey diamond plate turf is actually Blacktip and it's been on the boat for over 3 years. Only the swim platform was really deteriorating as it was never covered.

Here is what my boat looked like after 5 months before I sold it.

rsb1vappthoq.jpg

5bmm90ci8sbn.jpg