review on the 1992 Air Nautique Correct Craft boat

iconn

Hi guys,

I'm new on the forum and had couple of question about this boat. I'm looking for any review on the web about this boat, found one in good shape from a reliable vendor. First of all this boat will be use as a family boat my wife and I do water ski slalom my PB is 15' off at 32mph and our two teenage will use it to have some fun on the river with their friends( towable, wakeboard, kneeboard, wake surf and a little bit of ski). We also like to ride only to spend some time on the water, but mainly, it will be use for watersports. Unfortunately, I don't have any course that I will be able to use. So mainly it will be open water slalom ski. That being said, is it a good boat, what I should look at, is it a decent boat for water ski or the wake is for wakeboarder? I notice that the motor his not central (has a sun platform on the back of the boat and the rear seat is in front of the ski post which is a good thing, peoples can stay seated during a ride) as the majority of the ski boat it's in relation with the type of wake he does. Any advice or link about a good review will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

• Baller

The Air Nautique name didn't come around until sometime around 99. What you are most likely looking at is Barefoot Nautique, which around that year became the Nautique Excel. Good barefoot wake, and easily big enough for ballast and a tower. Would probably put out a good wake for boarding. I'm just under the impression that it would not be a great slalom boat. But for an all-around lake boat, nothing wrong.

Word of warning, those boats still had a lot of wood, and were notorious for rotting, right in the stringers along side the fuel tank. Easiest place to check is where that stringer ends, at the motor box area.

Thanks, You are wright about the name of the boat (...my bad). Now I'm a little bit scared about all those wood, after all, it's a more than 20 years boat...I will seriously take a look on that. Any advice on which model we should look at... MC around the same year think they had good product on those years? I rather have a good tow boat for water ski than wake board. Thanks

• Baller

@iconn MC got rid of wood in the mid 80's, like @Tidbury said. Correct Craft went to all fiberglass/composite in 93. I'd really love to know when Malibu got rid of wood.

I'm not sure which Correct Craft models, aside from the SN of that year. It was the No Wake Zone (NWZ) hull. Fantastic boat. I've got a 98 TSC, a 93 NWZ, and had a 94 Nautique Excel that I never got around to restoring. There are some absolute Barefoot/Excel nuts out there, who really know their stuff. Check on the CorrectCraftFan.com forum.

You'll probably need to cut and paste that address. iPhone issues (1st world problems). As soon as I can get to my computer or android tablet I'm going to fix it.

Aside from my obvious Nautique obsession, the Mastercraft forum is top notch too, as for good info from folks who really know it.

I've been playing behind a 2001 Air Nautique lately and I'll tell you, it's hard to go from a true ski boat to a cross over (The Air Nautique of that era was a sport Nautique with ballast and wake tower).

I'd also 2nd @rodltg2 on that MC 205. One of the first really good wakes in a open bow tournament boat. Took CC until the 200. Malibu and MC figured it out way earlier.