Bindings for new HO Ski

Margs95x

I recently bought a 65'' 2013 HO Freeride Slalom Ski and am in the process of buying bindings. I've been told to stick with HO brand so they fit the hole pattern, but I'm looking for recommendations as far as what others think might work? Because I am a college student, I'm looking to stay on the fairly inexpensive side, but I also know that better bindings=better ski experience--so basically I'm just looking for the most bang for my buck. I'll take any and all recommendations, and any links you can throw in to actual sites would be awesome!

• Baller

I think bindings are really a matter of preference on how they feel. I was a long time user of the HO animal boots. My original front was great. When it gave out I went With their new front boot. It was extremely uncomfortable and cramped my foot after a few passes. Just moved to a hard shell and it's so comfortable. I still have my "original" animal rear that has to be pushing 15 years old.

Are you right foot forward? What size?

• Baller

Bummer. My only spare front is a small RFF specific. I would have given it away for just the shipping.

Check ski-it-again.com for used deals. Performance ski has good reviews for customer service. I bought my hardshell through Miami Nautique and the guy I spoke with was super helpful and they had good prices from where I shopped around. Not sure where in the U.S. You are but you might have some local pro shops that could let you try on a set of boots before you buy which would be the best possible outcome to ensure comfort.