Skiing in Greenville, NC

Emmababel

Hello, I moved to Greenville, NC a year ago and have not found anywhere to ski. I have been doing it all summer while i am home visiting my parents in Sweden, and started to make progress. It would be a shame if i had to wait until may next year to be able to ski again. So i am just wondering if anyone know of somewhere to ski in or around Greenville, NC.

I have just learned how to start on one ski and have started trying the course, of course a course would be preferrable, but i would be happy to ski without one aswell, just to keep it up now that i am "in it" :)

• Baller

There may be some closer....but here are a couple.

http://cobleskischool.com/

Lake Magnolia in Smithfield NC. (919) 255-8905 didn't see a website for them

both have facebook pages

I ran across these in association with the Jordan Lake ski group facebook page I stumbled across. Im in florida now, but originally from Durham and go camping at Jordan Lake occasionally when visiting family.

• Baller
East Carolina University had a water ski team at one point I met a student from ECU who was an instructor at Coble's and might have started the team. If you can't find it reach out to April Coble Eller or Chris Eller and I am sure they can point you in the right direction.

• Baller
@Emmababel there are several lakes in Grimesland, which is outside of Greenville. One of them is named Lake Kristi, which is Kristi Overton's lake, at least it used to be. They held a US Open there in the 90's and I was there for that. I've never skied there, I've only skied on the Tar River which is a great place to free ski.