If You Are On Rubber Here's a Tip

Stevie Boy

• Baller

D3 Leverage binding had it for several years and changed the wrap a number of times, my binding was tight to put on, as I tied off the adjustable cord at the back so I just put my foot in no messing around.

So my skiing started to go off and it just wasn't happening, started playing with the fin numerous settings later ended back pretty much some where near to where I had started.

In a light Bulb moment it suddenly dawned on me that or though the binding was tight to put on, it was actually a bit sloppy where the foot bed had crushed and also the back heel rubber wasn't gripping so well.

I fitted a brand new Leverage binding and hey presto, my ski feels great, my skiing is now coming back, just feel totally connected, all of a sudden I have space and time at the bouy.

Sometimes it is just worth spending the money !

• Baller
I did the same thing recently. The major thing I noticed after going to a new Leverage from the old one (from 2009) was that on my old Leverage the heel cup/pocket was totally gone/undefined. On the new one the heel feels totally pocketed within the binding, so much so that I actually put it on the trick ski to break it in for a while before moving it to the slalom ski. I didn't see how I'd ever come out of the new one in a fall because it felt so secure on the heel. Huge difference for sure.

• Baller

Worth the $$? You bet.....but what does a guy do when your binding rips with a tournament just days away?

Introducing the buoy boot! Old turn buoy rubber, some zip ties and she's good as new-ish. Set a new practice PB on this setup last night!

2017 models now available for demo upon request.

csitddo10tal.jpg

• Baller
@Stevie Boy I do not want to disagree, buying new is a good option but a new overlay and heel piece rubber can make a Leverage feel like new.. I was on a Leverage for many years and they last longer than any boot. I'm on reflex since 2008 but Leverage is my favorite fibber boot.