Engine upgrade of my 2002 Nautique

ellenm

I am considering replacing my 2002 Nautique engine with a new one and zero off vs selling and getting a newer boat. My current engine is carbureted and I'm having trouble selling it. Does anyone know what that might run me and if I can sell my old engine? The engine is in great shape and only has 600 hours for a 2002.

• Baller
And I was looking for a SN newer than 97 that was carb'd. If you like the boat, re power it. Buying used you never know if you're buying somebody else's headache. With a new ZO conversion you know what you have and selling the old motor will probably be easier than you expect.

• Baller
There is an Excalibur 343 engine for sale on Ski It Again for around 3K . That is the motor that you want . Some of the lucky guys got them in their 02's long before ZO was around . Skip Dunlap is selling it . He is a very reputable Nautique guy .

• Baller_
By 2002 the Gt40 /5.8-351W was an option package and it's last year. Standard engine was the first generation Excalibur chevy sbc /5.7-350. Also a throttle body 5.0 proski chevy 305 ci was a engine option in the ski nautiques. Other engine options for other models in the Nautique line were 8.1 Python and the first of the 6.0 LS engines.

• Baller
Doug Moss is in California and has done many re powers (does it in one day). He did my 2000 SN two years ago, works unbelievably well. You can not tell it was not a factory install, (he also added the ZO ). Sold my GT40 for $3300.00 had about 800 hrs. We used the Excalibur 343. The only problem is that the wake is so good it makes some of the new boats feal hard, I tend to ski a little flat at times.Good luck