FlowPoint Podcast #1: World Champion Will Asher

Horton

• Baller
The sense of getting to know stars in our sport on a personal level fascinates me. Like Marcus often explains -- we've got some unbelievably talented people in our sport (young guns up through the veterans) and it's really cool to get insight on their training, thought processes, lifestyle, etc. I feel like a goober sometimes but whenever I'm in the presence of stars in our sport - I find myself constantly studying everything they do to see if there's anything I can pluck away that can help my skiing or just improve the quality of life. Thanks @MarcusBrown for continuing to pique my interest!

@MarcusBrown love your effort and passion to keep our sport interesting and thriving. Loved the pod cast interview. I have had the opportunity to visit with Will after Record tournaments in Austin and he Pulled me for Demo ride on the V type R. I asked him a bunch of questions but I didn't want to annoy him so I didn't over do it. So your pod cast was awesome on covering a ton of topics and questions. I watch all your Flow Point pieces and you do a great job with the Quality and the way they are set up and flow. Thanks again keep up the great work.

• Baller
Excellent interview, and great insight in helping a nonprofessional better understand how a top athlete in the world lives, trains, eats, conditions, focuses, balances, etc etc...This has always been a curiosity of mine, and the insight from you and Will was excellent. Keep it coming MB

• Baller
Kris & Bob LaPoint - Growing up and competing against each other. Ski design from wooden skis to present day and how has that changed the technique required to be successful as well as speed control. Where do they see the sport going in the next 10-20 years and can the glory years be recaptured?

@MarcusBrown, I have watched this a few times. Love the "low fi" approach. Just two friends having a conversation about the sport we love. From an old guy working the on course one ball at a time, I love that we all feel so connected to the stars of the sport. You are a big part of it. Keep going with the flow

• Baller
I second the Lapoints. And after that....all of the top skiers past and present. I could listen to 45 minutes (or closer to an hour as it ended up with Will) with anyone. I'd be most interested in some of the fundamentals they think about and work on in their skiing. After reading many of the concepts and theories talked about in various threads here I would love to hear how many of the same things the elite skiers think about and work on, or maybe there is a different train of thought, or they come to the same thing from a different direction.....or do we over-complicate things here sometimes....?

• Baller
Another supporter of hearing from the LaPoint's. My oldest ski is a 55 year old Maharajah from the time of some of there early success. I used it once this summer. The two brothers cover a lot of time and interesting history.

• Baller
Wade is extremely entertaining and would make a great guest. KLP could drop a life time of knowledge. Interview Horton ( more of a roast really) and let Ballers choose questions, just don't ask about college. Great work, always fun to watch the progression of your projects