FWWSC / BallOfSpray Cash Prize Fundraiser

Horton

• Administrators

Since 1979 the Far West Water Ski Club has maintained the slalom course and dock at Lake Nacimiento, near Paso Robles, Ca. Because of the Club’s efforts, the course has been in continuous operation since its installation and available 100% free of charge to anyone wishing to give it a try. Thanks to the Club, countless skiers have tried a slalom course for the1st time at Lake Nacimiento. The last new dock was installed over 20 years ago, it has seen better days, and it is time for a replacement. Over the last year the Club raised approximately $30,000 and spent about $20,000 building half of the new dock.

With support from BallOfSpray, the Club is hosting the FWWSC / BallOfSpray Cash Prize Fundraiser to help complete the new dock. The event will include lots of skiing, a Santa Maria style BBQ, plenty of course-side camping, non-skiing games and activities for everyone, a 3-round slalom FUN tournament, with a head-to-head, and more laughs than your favorite You Tube videos. The event will be held October 7-9, 2016 on the always glassy waters of Precision Ranch Lake in Arvin, CA (about 30 minutes south of Bakersfield). The entry limit will be held to the first 45 skiers but the whole family is invited.

The event kicks off with practice rides on Friday, October 7th. Skiing will start as soon as the 1st person suits up. The first 2 rounds of the slalom tournament will start Saturday morning at 8 am sharp. This event will be run similar to a “sanctioned” tournament so for those of you who have always wondered what it would be like, this will be a great experience! The tournament will be an ability based, never-made format. Performance in the Saturday slalom rounds will determine who skis in the head-to-head on Sunday morning. The head-to-head will begin at 8:00 am. sharp Sunday and will feature the top 16 skiers from Saturday’s rounds. 8 skiers will be selected based on the top scores, and 8 skiers will be selected based on their performance versus their USA Waterski / FWWSC average. The top 4 skiers will share the minimum $500 purse! The top skier from each group of 8 will then square off in the final in a handicap format to determine the winner! The 3rd and final round of the slalom tournament will start immediately following the head-to-head.

At high noon on Saturday, the BIG Corn Hole tournament starts and continues into Sunday as needed. Entry fees for the BIG Corn Hole tournament will be split between the top 2 teams and the dock fund. Get your partner and get ready to toss some bags. Santa Maria Style BBQ will be served up right on Saturday night with a live auction to follow. The Club’s self-proclaimed auctioneer will be calling out winners for slalom skis, a Masterline Rope, a beverage center, 2 night stay at “The Vine House” in Paso Robles wine country, a week at Ski Paradise in Acapulco, and other items you can’t live without.

Proceeds from the event will push the dock close to the finish line and help ensure the Club will continue to spread the love of slalom skiing to the masses. The costs for all this FUN are as follows. Each round of the slalom tournament will be $25. The head-to-head will be an additional $25. The mouth watering BBQ will be $20 per person and the BIG Corn Hole tournament will cost $10 per person. The FWWSC / BallOfSpray Cash Prize Fundraiser will be a great end-of-the-season event for all your friends and family before we dry dock the skis for a few months. Please come laugh, eat, ski, and help support the Far West Water Ski Club.

Contact Bob Edie at (805) 440-7437 for additional information.
Lake address for your GPS is 28035 Millux Rd. Arvin 93203

Click Here  to RSVP

See PayPal link at bottom of this page (CLICK HERE) to donate or pay for Fundraiser activities.

• Baller

The Far West course was my first access to a legitimate slalom course. While I won't make it this weekend, I donated to the cause. Have a great time all. Thanks to @Horton for promoting and I'd encourage anyone who believes in open water slalom access to donate - this is one of a dying breed... Keep the dream alive guys!

It's getting closer and thing are coming into place, we (mostly Bob) have really got some fun plans to make this a memorable event and keep everyone as involved as possible. One part that wasn't mentioned in the original flyer is the auctioning off of the skiers in the Head to Head, so even if you didn't make it in you can get a little skin in the game. Each skier that makes it in will be put up for auction, the proceeds of this part of the auction will be split 50% going to the fundraiser and 50% going to whoever purchases the skier who goes on to win the finals of the Head to Head.

This is "that Bob guy." Here is a list of some of the auction items we have up for grabs this weekend. If it looks enticing, I suggest you get your name in the pot and come ski with us! It is going to be great fun! 2 Centurion Carbon Pros for the head to head! Doesn't get much better...

Here is the stuff:

2 Radar skis

1 Connelly ski

1 D3 Ski

1 Radar Handle

1 Masterline Rope

1 Beverage Center

1 Sterling Silver waterski handle bracelet

1 Week at Ski Paradise Acapulco

2 night stay at "The Vine House" in Paso Robles wine country

Radar board shorts, hoodie, hats, coozies

Misc. D3 items

Misc. Wines

Misc. items donated by Pacific Slalom

• Members

I learned the course at FWWSC in the 1980s and was a member for a while. Very nice course and very friendly people. I went back for the first time in 20 years over 4th Of July 2014 with @"Mateo Vargas" and our respective families. It was even better than I remembered and the people were just as friendly. That place and its people are great ambassadors for the sport.

I can't make the event, but would like to donate. Can somebody point me in the right direction for doing so?

• Administrators

@H2odowg with the help of @skioholic and @Boat030 have done a lot of work to make this happen. It is going to be a lot of fun but more important they are helping to preserve one of California's last public water ski clubs.

I can't even wrap my head around all they stuff they have to auction off.