2001 Malibu Response lx switch question

Justin_C

• Baller
As they said, the up down adjusts the speedos, the left right selects the right or left pick ups and when it's centered it averages the 2 readings this does not have any input whatsoever with perfect pass. FYI I have an 01 response Lx, exact same set up

• Baller
@brody thanks! What are your thoughts on the boat? Nice boat? We're looking at one for the camp that will work as a good slalom boat but also have a good wakeboard wake (this one has a wedge and tower). Based on our research, seems to be the best boat for the job in our price range.

• Baller
I'll add one more thing. It PROBABLY doesn't affect perfect pass. If it's a multi-line display, it definitely doesn't. If it's got an old single line display, some of those actually used the pitot probes for non-slalom speeds instead of the paddle wheel. Depending on your perfect pass setup, it may still be using those switches but I suspect they aren't.

• Baller

@Justin_C that is the newer multi line display so it could have stargazer easy upgrade of the master module and a go's puck anyways.

@Bill22 if it doesn't have a paddle wheel then taking the tach out is the right move as pp has the rpm (as seen in the photo) but no speed.

Looks like a clean boat they are awesome tow boats!

• Baller
I can see advantages to both. I am old school, I want to see the analog tach with a pointer. Sometimes I ski a little bit of a ride from the doc till dusk on weekdays and no one is around. If anything funny is going on with the engine a big tach will clue you in.

• Baller
@Justin_C, I love my boat, handles great, I don't wakeboard, but my kids do. Buddies rlx has a tower and they are very happy with it overall. The wedge is a great asset. I think it would be a great camp boat. That's the same display I have and its stargazer.

• Baller

I preferred to remove the rpm gauge (for the PP gauge) on my boat for two reasons:

1. My speedo is in mph yet I run my PP in kph, so I have access to both speed readouts.

2. It's nice to see a needle for speed when just cruising and not pulling a skier.

Since the PP shows a digital rpm, you don't lose the engine readout but you can also tell by the sound of the engine of what your rpm's are close to.

Just my preference. :smile:

Oh, and I almost forgot... I think the mini Malibu LCD screen was on the speedo so I was probably forced to remove the rpm gauge regardless. :wink:

• Baller

I'm not a fan of the PP gauge replacing the tach. I like to look at an analog tach also and they don't match the other gauges to well.

I went with having both. Left the tack gauge on the dash board, (maybe a little OCD about the symmetry and mounted an external display down by the drivers cup holder.

dl8qevwvprkw.jpg

xf07dgipea5e.jpg

Larry -----<|